07-09-21: Site Update News & Feedback

Eric

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

None of what I typed was visible until I hit Reply

573F7ECE-472C-442C-BAEB-50FC17B32B19.png

I’ve noticed that. Can’t you scroll up the quoted content and see what your typing? I will look into this, but I’m not sure if it is something that the software designers see as a bug. I don’t know. 

2 hours ago, Eric said:

I’ve noticed that. Can’t you scroll up the quoted content and see what your typing? I will look into this, but I’m not sure if it is something that the software designers see as a bug. I don’t know. 

Yes I can scroll. Prior edition of the software did nit gave this issue. In fact I can see the first line, half of the second and none thereafter in this response. Even seeing tge first line is not a sure thing. 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Yes I can scroll. Prior edition of the software did nit gave this issue. In fact I can see the first line, half of the second and none thereafter in this response. Even seeing tge first line is not a sure thing. 

I understand the problem. I just wanted to make sure the site would still be workable for you until I could address the issue, even if this issue is a nuisance.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Noticed that not all user/member names are showing up with messages. Whether occasional or persistent with a member I don’t know. “Posted 34 minutes ago…” has no visible name. 

468A5339-6F9C-4B96-B0D2-CC1352D8907E.png

The names are there. There just isn't ebnough contrast between the font color for the names and the backgrounds. The software developers decided to change the background that the names appear on, without any consideration for the fact that plenty of webmasters use the built-in system that allows for different font colors for various user groups. So, I there is one more item on the to-do list.

A major department store, supposedly Macy’s, got a new CEO. First day that new leader went through the store changing “Down” escalators to “Up” and “Up” to “Down”. When asked “Why?” the response was “So everyone will know a new era has begun.”

And so it is with many software upgrades - of which Windows is a notable example. 

• Eric unpinned this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Administrators

I got rid of the little rocket ships on everyone’s avatars. To do so, I had to turn off a system that assigns member ‘Ranks, Achievements & Badges’. Does anyone care?

C10C5926-09FD-443C-B005-3832465FD644.jpeg.ab2ba2b8c0cb0f4f874a065c7601d015.jpeg

• Like 1

• Eric unpinned this topic
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, LostinTexas said:

I dont use my phone for much, but this site wants to force tap talk on me now. The problem is persistent. Go to desktop site in settings and it stops. It doesn't otherwise.

What problem are you referring to?

So far the only minor issue I'm having is sometimes I'll load a page and it won't load.  So I hit stop and then reload and it's fine.  Never used to do that before the update.  Also it doesn't do it on my phone.  Yeah I know it's a very minor issue. 

3 hours ago, Eric said:

What problem are you referring to?

Not sure which you would see first and to tell the truth, I didn't realize it was two threads. I hate these sites on a phone presentation.

Anyhoo, the site wants me to download Tap Talk. Tell it no, it pops up to load chrome. Just a heads up, and probably nothing to do with your doings. No telling if you can do anything about it, either.

It works fine, but I have to put it in desktop mode instead of roll on like normal. I really avoid looking at sites on my phone. I prefer the Windows version to android. I prefer a 17 inch screen over a 5 inch scree, too.

I was going to put a screenshot here, but the site won't let me load a pic.