Covid numbers going way up here

1 minute ago, Swampfox762 said:

Your rhino senator finally got with the program and said she would vote for ACB...

She's just tryin to keep her job...

I suspect she'll be finally voted out this time. It was close last time, and she has pissed off a whole lot more people lately. There is an FB page against her that has over 10,000 members and growing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My bud in ANC just posted something about the rising numbers of the plague up there. I sure hope none of my friends and family up there get it, and if you do, it is mild. I currently have 3 friends with it. All in good shape, and not over 50. I'm still scared to death for them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

shooting cases all over.

testing here is everywhere and everyone is testing 2 and 3 times.

cases equal testing, so there's that at least.

stay healthy.

I don't understand people getting tested.  If I had symptoms I would hunker down in the house and self isolate.  If it got bad, go to hospital where they will test you but testing just to be tested?  I have heard it is painful and it is not going to change anything I do so why?  Even if I just have a cold or regular flu I am not going to run around and give it to people.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

shooting cases all over.

testing here is everywhere and everyone is testing 2 and 3 times.

cases equal testing, so there's that at least.

stay healthy.

Yeah, I am surprised by the percentage of negative vs positive. If you're not sick why are you getting tested? I know some get tested due to travel, but I think a lot of drama queens are simply taking advantage of free testing for attention.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Triple digits every day with higher numbers every day for the past 3 weeks. In the 300 range 2 days ago. Over 500 reported yesterday. I'm hunkered. Get off my lawn.

Are the schools having in class learning or are they all doing online? Schools opened up here but now they’re closing back down seems like several per week. 

Edited by Zonny
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Zonny said:

Are the schools having in class learning or are they all doing online? Schools opened up here but now they’re closing back down seems like several per week. 

In my county the school are open and kids are in person full time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RenoF250 said:

I don't understand people getting tested.  If I had symptoms I would hunker down in the house and self isolate.  If it got bad, go to hospital where they will test you but testing just to be tested?  I have heard it is painful and it is not going to change anything I do so why?  Even if I just have a cold or regular flu I am not going to run around and give it to people.

What a lot of people don't seem to understand is that you don't just get tested one time and then you're good. You could test negative on a Tuesday and test positive on Thursday or a week later.  Supposedly the president got tested every day until he eventually tested positive one day.

I'm having foot urgery at the VA on Nov 24th and getting tested on the 23rd. I don't look forward to having a 12 inch Q-tip shoved up my nose as far as it will go. I've heard that there are other testing methods that aren't as painful but only like 90 percent accurate. I suspect the President's daily tests were the least painful ones and when he finally tested positive they probably did the Q-tip up the nose to make sure.

The other thing about these recent Covid "Surges" is that the surge is primarily in the number of infections and not necessarily  the number of deaths. In Alaska there have been a recent  increase of infections to 13,968 infections but only 64 deaths total with an increase of 529 infections and only 64 deaths in the entire state since the beginning  with zero increase in the number of deaths during the "Surge". Even the New York Times is reporting no increase in Covid deaths during this recent surge.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/alaska-coronavirus-cases.html

Edited by Borg warner
  • Thanks 1

The media is pressing fear based on numbers testing positive, they don't tell you home many have no symptoms, it doesn't promote more fear.

The statistical average number of deaths per month/day in my state are the same with the virus as with out.

Edited by janice6

6 hours ago, Zonny said:

Schools have been remote since last spring except for a few days here and there. Most sports either very limited or cancelled.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, janice6 said:

The media is pressing fear based on numbers testing positive, they don't tell you home many have no symptoms, it doesn't promote more fear.

The statistical average number of deaths per month/day in my state are the same with the virus as with out.

Well the news here is that our hospitals are very near max capacity.

12 hours ago, RenoF250 said:

this i do not know.

if you`r clear on Monday i do not know why anyone would need to know on Tuesday too.

but that is what they are doing.

but there are people doing just that, like they are Determined to be Positive.

11 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

but I think a lot of drama queens are simply taking advantage of free testing for attention.

Yes, that right there.

we have a Neighbor that is just that and i don`t know how many times she has had her Brain Swabbed but there can`t be much left in there.

Weird thing is she really doesn't seem to be a hypochondriac so i have no idea her deal

and the Hospitals here have to Admit Covid Cases to at least Monitor O2 levels.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Well the news here is that our hospitals are very near max capacity.

Watch those claims carefully.  They love that crap.  Hospitals are always near capacity or they lose money.  Also, I suspect AK has a lot of very small hospitals.  When a 12 bed hospital that often has 8 patients now has 10 it is "very near max capacity".  They just pulled this crap in Texas awhile ago.  They made a big deal that the hospitals in one county were full.  Well it turned out that county only had one hospital and it was small and there was another larger hospital in the next county ~60 miles away.  So, yes, there was an elevated incidence but it was not some tragedy with people left outside to die like they tried to play it.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

and the Hospitals here have to Admit Covid Cases to at least Monitor O2 levels.

That does not make any sense and will fill hospitals quick.  Also a great way to get more people sick.

Hospitals are germ factories.  I have been in them a lot and I watch how they touch everything and spread crap around.  I don't get it.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, RenoF250 said:

Watch those claims carefully.  They love that crap.  Hospitals are always near capacity or they lose money.  Also, I suspect AK has a lot of very small hospitals.  When a 12 bed hospital that often has 8 patients now has 10 it is "very near max capacity".  They just pulled this crap in Texas awhile ago.  They made a big deal that the hospitals in one county were full.  Well it turned out that county only had one hospital and it was small and there was another larger hospital in the next county ~60 miles away.  So, yes, there was an elevated incidence but it was not some tragedy with people left outside to die like they tried to play it.

We don't have tiny hospitals like that here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Our 7 day positivity rate is at 9.95%. 

sorry to hear.  The national death rate is below 3% and our county is 2.4.  test positives don't mean anything when the same person who is essential has to take tests everty day until the are negative and every test counts in the positive tally. 

Death rate counts - We are opened up for eateries and most do not wear masks unless in places that suggest/require them.