got my covid test today

ASH

i got my my upper ,lower colon scope on 22  ,  had to have covid test to get in .  drive up stuck a 3 foot swab up your nose and done . results tomorrow but i know its good .

one thing the end they stick up nose has barely any cotton on in and feels like a stick  poking your eyes , 15 seconds and i was all wet eyed  .  ive been poked and proded 

many many times  ive had a lance stuck thru my ribs for liver biopsy   but to me id rather have the lance lol. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, tadbart said:

I'd rather have an hour long prostate exam by a fat Pakistani doctor than have the rona again.

Yeah, that's the difference between getting it when your 20 and getting it when you're old enough to know what an hour long prostate exam might be like. 

Edited by Dave514
  • Haha 2

Good luck with everything.  I go tomorrow for another covid test.  We have to get them once a month for work. Even though I am off om medical because of my hip surgery I have to go get, as I may have to drop in to work.  Plus as a bonus, I had to get another one before I got my surgery for the hospital.    Dave..

• Sad 2

On 10/21/2020 at 8:40 PM, tadbart said:

I'd rather have an hour long prostate exam by a fat Pakistani doctor than have the rona again.

Would wine and violins change your mind, a little cuddling afterwards and a poem commemorating the experience? :whistling:

On 10/22/2020 at 8:22 AM, Dave514 said:

Yeah, that's the difference between getting it when your 20 and getting it when you're old enough to know what an hour long prostate exam might be like. 

I don't know if this is good news or bad news to you "young guys" out there.  But, there comes a point in your age where they don't even bother with them anymore.  Of course, you can insist on one.......

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I don't know if this is good news or bad news to you "young guys" out there.  But, there comes a point in your age where they don't even bother with them anymore.  Of course, you can insist on one.......

Oddly enough, I've had 3. At the ages of 19, 20 and 21 for summer jobs at Toyota. Part of the physical. None since (knocking on 50).

• Thanks 1

Just now, railfancwb said:

I was found to have Postate cancer a few years after I retired. My daughter’s best friend is a pathologist who said most of the Postate cancers she sees were unknown until the autopsy. Mine seems stable after several years so I’ve not worried much about it lately. 

The saying "Die with it and not from it" seems to apply. I don't want any kind of Big C but prostate seems to be on the opposite end of the spectrum as things like Pancreatic in most cases.

• Thanks 1

Just now, railfancwb said:

I was found to have Postate cancer a few years after I retired. My daughter’s best friend is a pathologist who said most of the Postate cancers she sees were unknown until the autopsy. Mine seems stable after several years so I’ve not worried much about it lately. 

"They" say that as you get older, if you get Prostrate problems you will die from something else before it kills you.

At the Doctor's office one visit my wife was complaining of a problem.  The Doctor checked her and said she appeared to be OK.

I said, maybe it's her Prostrate, the Doctor looked at me and said, She doesn't have a Prostrate!  I said yes, but she doesn't know that!

He doesn't appreciate my humor.  My wife just tolerates me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1