got my covid test today

ASH

35 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

I was found to have Postate cancer a few years after I retired. My daughter’s best friend is a pathologist who said most of the Postate cancers she sees were unknown until the autopsy. Mine seems stable after several years so I’ve not worried much about it lately. 

My dad was diagnosed at age 80 with a version that was so slow they think he could be 140 before it kills him.

On the other hand i have a friend that had a very aggressive version that would have killed him within a couple of years. 

They used a proton system to blast that cancer away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/23/2020 at 2:45 PM, janice6 said:

"They" say that as you get older, if you get Prostrate problems you will die from something else before it kills you.

At the Doctor's office one visit my wife was complaining of a problem.  The Doctor checked her and said she appeared to be OK.

I said, maybe it's her Prostrate, the Doctor looked at me and said, She doesn't have a Prostrate!  I said yes, but she doesn't know that!

He doesn't appreciate my humor.  My wife just tolerates me.

I had an aggressive form of prostate cancer at 56 y.o. (10 years ago) My cousin just passed away from prostate cancer after a 12 year battle. It was ugly at the end when it got in his bones. My dad had it. Still living at 94 y.o. 2 of his brothers died from it. A 3rd had it but died of heart failure. 2 of my brothers have had it. Get checked. Get treated if you have it.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 3:36 PM, Dave514 said:

Oddly enough, I've had 3. At the ages of 19, 20 and 21 for summer jobs at Toyota. Part of the physical. None since (knocking on 50).

Wait, you had to have a colonoscopy to get a job? That is beyond fucked up.