What self-defense load is in your "house" shotgun?

fortyofforty

What do you load in your shotgun for self-defense?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. What self-defense load is in the chamber of your "house" 12 gauge shotgun? (Or first in the tube if you have an empty chamber)

• 00 Buckshot
    • 0 Buckshot
    • #1 Buckshot
    • #4 Buckshot
    • 000 Buckshot
    • Slugs
    • #9 Birdshot
    • Other

I always wondered what it would do to the intruder if he were caught in a hallway and one of those “Dragons Breath” rounds were used?

Yeah I know...I’d probably get a maximum penalty in a civil court case, but the turd shouldn’t have broken into my house. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/25/2018 at 8:20 AM, Fyrtwuck said:

I always wondered what it would do to the intruder if he were caught in a hallway and one of those “Dragons Breath” rounds were used?

Yeah I know...I’d probably get a maximum penalty in a civil court case, but the turd shouldn’t have broken into my house. 

Probably a whole lot of 3rd degree burns, lots of lost hair, and potential blindness if he's looking the wrong direction. 

You also run the risk of burning down the house, so probably not the best of choices.

On 7/16/2018 at 2:30 PM, Lazy R said:

I keep a 20 gauge 870 youth gun in my closet with 6 or 8 shot in the tube. I have woodpecker issues and it works for that. I figure if I have a threat close enough to be forced to use it, the bird shot is going to cut em right in two.

The only way a shotgun is going to cut somebody in two is if you use a Mossberg 590 with the Bayonet attached and use that to saw through the body! :anim_lol:

• 2 weeks later...