Trayvon II: Ahmaud Arbery

PPQer

5 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Pretty sure I saw him punching the redneck gentleman in the head.

After being pursued, and turning around, and after the drove up on him again, and confronted him with firearms. 

Without any legal reason to do so.

By their own admission they were chasing him. How long are you going to run before you try to fight, if you think your pursuer intends to harm you? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AK_Stick said:

After being pursued, and turning around, and after the drove up on him again, and confronted him with firearms. 

Without any legal reason to do so.

By their own admission they were chasing him. How long are you going to run before you try to fight, if you think your pursuer intends to harm you? 

Long enough to hopefully out run a shotgun blast! I'd have turned right and ran as fast as I could!  NOT run AT a guy with a shotgun and a backup dude with a pistol!  Trust me...he saw it all and made an "aw siht" decision.  Sad.  I'd have rather seen him get an ass load of birdshot.

2 hours ago, PPQer said:

I wouldn't have run to the truck.  He had plenty of opportunity to turn away.

He supposedly knew the police were coming, I think they said they told him that, and they intended to hold him for the police.  I guess he felt he had nothing to lose.

Check this out:

Opinion starts at 29:03.  

Stefan had another version up on 5/9/2020 then made it private and posted this one.  I'm not sure the difference.  This one is about 4 minutes shorter.  I watched the original one but not this one.  

It's funny how people with law degrees and working in the legal system see it so much different from people who just think they are smart.  Perhaps those with law degrees look at the actual text of the law, where other emote.

But wait, there's more.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/497048-georgia-attorney-general-requests-doj-investigate-handling-of-ahmaud-arbery-case?utm_source=whatfinger

Georgia AG requests DOJ investigate handling of Ahmaud Arbery case

Georgia Attorney General Chris Carr has requested the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) launch an investigation into the handling of the case surrounding Ahmaud Arbery’s death after it took more than two months for arrests to be made in the case.

“We are committed to a complete and transparent review of how the Ahmaud Arbery case was handled from the outset,” Carr said in a release detailing the formal request on Sunday. “The family, the community and the state of Georgia deserve answers, and we will work with others in law enforcement at the state and federal level to find those answers.”

The request comes after the shooting death of Arbery, an unarmed black man who was killed back in February. Arbery had been fatally shot by Gregory McMichael and his son, Travis McMichael, after the two had followed him in their truck near Brunswick, Ga.

Arbery’s family say the 25-year-old, a former high school football player who was known by friends and family to jog regularly, had gone out for a run at the time when he was shot and killed. However, the McMichaels, who were arrested on charges of murder and aggravated assault on Friday, claim they were following Arbery because they thought he was a burglar. 

Gregory McMichael worked previously as an investigator for a prosecutor in Brunswick. Two prosecutors had recused themselves from the case of Arbery’s death due to potential conflicts of interest before it was recently taken up by District Attorney Thomas Durden, who said earlier this month that he would present the case to a grand jury as news of Arbery’s death began to pick up traction on social media.

A release detailing Carr’s formal request said the attorney general is asking the DOJ to look into “communications and discussions by and between the Office of the District Attorney of the Brunswick Judicial Circuit and the Office of the District Attorney of the Waycross Judicial Circuit related to this case.”

Four days after Arbery’s death on Feb. 23, Carr’s office said it received a “request from the Office of the District Attorney of the Brunswick Judicial Circuit to appoint another prosecutor for this case.” That same day, Carr’s office said it appointed the District Attorney for the Waycross Judicial Circuit to handle the case.

However, his office said “at the time of the request by the Brunswick Circuit District Attorney and acceptance by the Waycross Circuit District Attorney, neither revealed to the Office of the Attorney General that the Waycross Circuit District Attorney had already taken a role in the case in reviewing evidence and advising the Glynn County Police Department regarding whether to make arrests in the case.”

Carr’s office said it didn’t receive a request from the Office of the District Attorney for the Waycross Judicial Circuit to have another prosecutor appointed to the case until early April.

However, in that request, his office said the Waycross Circuit District Attorney “again did not inform the Office of the Attorney General of his prior involvement in the case before his appointment and specifically described to the Office of the Attorney General the actions that he took ‘upon taking the case.’’

“In the request of April 7, 2020, the Waycross Circuit District Attorney indicated that he and the Brunswick Circuit District Attorney learned as of ‘about 3-4 weeks ago,’ that his son who is employed as a prosecutor in the Office of the Brunswick Circuit District Attorney had handled a prior prosecution of Mr. Arbery and that one of the defendants in this case had also served as an investigator on the same prosecution,” Carr’s office stated.

The office added that the April 7 request did not provide explanation for “the delay in contacting the Office of the Attorney General to request appointment of a new prosecutor since the discovery of those facts,” nor did it reveal that the “Waycross Circuit District Attorney had provided the Glynn County Police Department with a written opinion that no arrests should be made in the case” on April 2.

Carr’s office said that it will provide its “entire file regarding the appointment process for the prosecutors” in the case to the DOJ as well as any assistance requested by the department.

47 minutes ago, PPQer said:

It's funny how people with law degrees and working in the legal system see it so much different from people who just think they are smart.  Perhaps those with law degrees look at the actual text of the law, where other emote.

You mean the ones that charged him with murder? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TBO said:

"Begging the question" post.

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

Yeah kind of odd he’d drop something he would need about a dozen steps later......

course the same video purports to show him running in non running shoes. But https://www.news4jax.com/news/georgia/2020/05/09/gbi-reviewing-additional-video-in-case-of-ahmaud-arbery/

when you look at what he was wearing in the house that he didn’t break into.......

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Historian said:

Some are forgetting this man could be the victim of a crime:  Regardless of his past.

Yes, and he deserves to have law enforcement investigate his killing with absolutely the same vigor as every other killing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gwalchmai said:

Yes, and he deserves to have law enforcement investigate his killing with absolutely the same vigor as every other killing.

This is the main issue: Apparently that did not happen.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Unless, he is Jewish in NYC, or a white victim. DOJ only gets involved if your skin color has more melanin pigmentation you have.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2020/05/10/delaware-cemetery-shooting-latest-suspect-identified-sheldon-francis/

Man with just as much melanin in his skin as Ahmaud murders an elderly couple (85,86), on federal property (Veterans Cemetery).  No DOJ, no outcry?  Not even DOD?  Just a blurb in the news, nothing to see here.  The double standard is beyond annoying like the "Shevartser  Israelites," that De Blasio allows to terrorize, beat up, rob, reward, and repeat in NYC.  The one time that a Jewish Law Firm pushed for a DOJ hate crime the District Attorney and De Blasio were pissed.  Either do it right, or don't do it at all.

22 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

SMH. There would have to be a lot of assumptions to call it a hate crime. Assumptions only. 

I don’t know about that, their whole 911 call revolves around seeing a black man running. 

There’s no history of break ins (so contrary to the 911 call it isn’t an “ongoing thing”)

There has been no video evidence of him being seen in the area at night. 

They (by their own admission) did not see him breaking in, nor did he appear to have stolen anything. 

They went and grabbed guns, and chased him down in a pickup, to which he changed directions multiple times in an attempt to avoid a confrontation. 

They had a tail vehicle, follow them to film the entire encounter. 

It looks premeditated, at the very least. 

2 hours ago, Moshe said:

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2020/05/10/delaware-cemetery-shooting-latest-suspect-identified-sheldon-francis/

Man with just as much melanin in his skin as Ahmaud murders an elderly couple (85,86), on federal property (Veterans Cemetery).  No DOJ, no outcry?  Not even DOD?  Just a blurb in the news, nothing to see here.  The double standard is beyond annoying like the "Shevartser  Israelites," that De Blasio allows to terrorize, beat up, rob, reward, and repeat in NYC.  The one time that a Jewish Law Firm pushed for a DOJ hate crime the District Attorney and De Blasio were pissed.  Either do it right, or don't do it at all.

That idiot is dead, what more do you want to happen?

33 minutes ago, AK_Stick said:

I don’t know about that, their whole 911 call revolves around seeing a black man running. 

There’s no history of break ins (so contrary to the 911 call it isn’t an “ongoing thing”)

There has been no video evidence of him being seen in the area at night. 

They (by their own admission) did not see him breaking in, nor did he appear to have stolen anything. 

They went and grabbed guns, and chased him down in a pickup, to which he changed directions multiple times in an attempt to avoid a confrontation. 

They had a tail vehicle, follow them to film the entire encounter. 

It looks premeditated, at the very least. 

Yeah, sure looks premeditated to me.  My opinion has no factor in the outcome but I think they are guilty as hell and if one the jury would give the max possible.  Their kind of stupidity is intolerable and gives a bad name to gun owners everywhere.

• Like 2

• Eric locked this topic