Trayvon II: Ahmaud Arbery

PPQer

7 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

That's funny!!  A guy with a rosary in his avatar, playin word games with the dude with a jewish star in his avatar!!!  The jewish guy with the star beats ya mercys dad!!!  He's got a Cross AND the star of David in his avatar TOO!!!:anim_lol::460:

Let me break it down for those that don't know.  There are several methodologies to Judaism:  Hassidic, Reform, Secular, Kabbalah, and then there is, me, Messianic.  The interesting fact in Israel is out all the above Messianics are the most despised.  That is why there are a lot of closet one, for fear of persecution.  But, that is not the methodology of doing one's best to follow Yeshua.  I also celebrate many of the feast days as I am able, especially now.  Though Yom Kippur being far off, without the benefit of a barber I would like acceptable in my kittle.  I hope that helps explain the situation a bit better.  Also, for those people that feel the earth as created is about 6,000 years old and will have its Sabbath for 1,000 years as a theory.  The Jewish New Year happens long before the Secular New Year.  So, for those who subscribe to that theory, you have less time than you think.  Before the Roman Calendar time has always been measured from new moon to new moon in 30 day increments.  To put it in layman's terms, because of this festival days are never same year to year.  It is kind of how Catholics and Protestants celebrate Easter on different times of the year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Wrango said:

If it's real, it's quite damning.  

An X-factor.  Something no one bothered to consider.  When you don't explore all avenues, you might as well be on a go-cart in your driveway for an investigation.  In some cases a tri-cycle. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Moshe said:

An X-factor.  Something no one bothered to consider.  When you don't explore all avenues, you might as well be on a go-cart in your driveway for an investigation.  In some cases a tri-cycle. 

I felt that.  You're right.

1 hour ago, Moshe said:

That the investigation and trial must be conducted in a fair and impartial manner and the Criminal Justice system will have the ultimate say.  Once, someone is convicted honestly, then I am outraged by the crime.  Until then, there is no room for speculation, race baiting, and all the other stupid things that have been done in this thread.  If you cannot approach something with an open mind and determine guilt based on facts rather than sound bites and conflicting news articles, then damn the Constitution and put everyone in prison.  One giant prison. Also, remove Justice Kavenaugh from the bench while were at it.  If these two are convicted of murder, then they deserve public scorn.  Until that happens, there is no room for specious declarations of guilt.  For the love of all that is Chesed, I hope no one in this thread ever passes voire dire and becomes a juror.  

But you “lied in wait” for the first five years of your operator career

watched an unknown through a super duper sniper rifle scope have a conversation with a woman neighbor to see if she was going to be attacked....I’m sure to just get a good description of the perp.

after your rants, to stand in defense of jurisprudence, declare the racism of others, and claim not to decide before conviction is laughable

i have maintained that any civilian must be in fear of his life to shoot......that’s it.

if they cannot justify a fear of death or grievous bodily harm......that’s it.

I don’t think I have deviated from that position, because it is the legal standard.

1 hour ago, Swampfox762 said:

That's funny!!  A guy with a rosary in his avatar, playin word games with the dude with a jewish star in his avatar!!!  The jewish guy with the star beats ya mercys dad!!!  He's got a Cross AND the star of David in his avatar TOO!!!:anim_lol::460:

That’s disturbing...

how your mind goes to that

but somehow not surprising .

16 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

But you “lied in wait” for the first five years of your operator career

watched an unknown through a super duper sniper rifle scope have a conversation with a woman neighbor to see if she was going to be attacked....I’m sure to just get a good description of the perp.

after your rants, to stand in defense of jurisprudence, declare the racism of others, and claim not to decide before conviction is laughable

i have maintained that any civilian must be in fear of his life to shoot......that’s it.

if they cannot justify a fear of death or grievous bodily harm......that’s it.

I don’t think I have deviated from that position, because it is the legal standard.

I was the boogie man of the criminal.  It was fun. What was really fun, was at night if you could put your jacket over your badge, you could fall in with the group.  Then, at rest time, surprise, you're all busted.  I lost a lot of good people in that career to murder.  But, that is the way it goes.  It's all fun and games, until the people you work with get murdered.

45 minutes ago, Wrango said:

If it's real, it's quite damning.  

No he's real.  You can google him.  LIke i said he has a unique perspective of history.  There may have been a few African American's in the CSA...but very few.  

It's worth reading about. 

• Like 2

Let's do a tally:

1. Jason was intentionally ran over by a semi.

2. A classmate of mine was killed chasing a smuggler.

3. Most of the SOG guys I worked with for 45 days were gunned down by AK-47's.

4. One of the IDO's I knew got killed by an IED after he went to Iraq.

5. One of the IDO's had some personal demons and parked on the train tracks and let himself be killed (I guess technically, that is suicide).

6. I broke my back and got shot at a quite a bit.

Those are the five years of serving this Country and its Borders.

It got less violent in later careers.  Though, I lost my good friend and partner to alcoholism.  I miss him.  Hell, I miss all of them.

2 hours ago, Moshe said:

Guilty until proven innocent?  I don't recall that one in the Constitution.  I use Latin because those are legal terms.  Feel free to look them up.  I know from experience.  

Your application infers the opposite of your statement. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Historian said:

Ahh he's a very curious case.  He plays the role of a very small number of African Americans who served in the CSA.  Most of them did not have fighting roles.  They were basically servants.  However, at the end of the war they were given a shot at freedom by service.  But it was too late and not close to a good idea.  Anyway.  That particular man is very much into Southern history and culture.  But he's on the edge.   He gets a lot of grief over this...but you really have to dig deep in to what he's doing.  It's a very curious perspective of history.

I know about blacks who took pride in Confederate heritage. A bit different from a white guy who walks in a march that flies white supremacy emblem. 

I will bet you won’t see a black guy marching in a KKK/Aryan Brotherhood rally to celebrate his Southern heritage. 

1 minute ago, EdTracker said:

If Aubry was white, would anyone know about the killing or even care.

Probably not. Stupid happens, Every day. Every day.

Reverse the situation.

say the jogger was carrying. Two guys in a pickup blocked him, pursued him, blocked him again. Jumped out of the truck with a shotgun.

if he was the shooter, was he justified?

40 minutes ago, Fnfalman said:

I know about blacks who took pride in Confederate heritage. A bit different from a white guy who walks in a march that flies white supremacy emblem. 

I will bet you won’t see a black guy marching in a KKK/Aryan Brotherhood rally to celebrate his Southern heritage. 

I totally agree...he's way different. 

He has a true small spectrum of truth in what he's doing.  But it's so overshadowed that it normally doesn't even come close to be a research topic often.   In the 50 book history the US government created on the war...African American CSA soldiers are mentioned fighting three times.  From what i understand there may have been some in the Texas units because they predated the CSA and there was an obscure unit from Louisiana that probably never saw any action.  There are some kooks out there that seem to think there were as many as 50 to 80,000 such troops.   The reality is it was at the very best...perhaps a few thousand...and they were generally not used as fighting troops.  Although some might have been forced to by man or circumstance.

One source i read said there is no record of any African American CSA soldier's applying for pensions post war.  Another clammed perhaps a few dozen.

To me this is like the 30 or so Englishmen who defected to the Germans in WWII.   One of them got an Iron Cross on the eastern front.  But most of them walked around Berlin and tried to pick up pretty German girls.  They were useless.  Lord Haha was not one of them.  However, one did wright a book about his experiences...Hitler's Bastard.  I liked the book mostly because you just didn't think it could get worse...and then it did.  Then it got even worse.

But he deserved it.

There were, perhaps, five Americans who served in the German army in WWII.

Stuff like this happens in vastly complicated things like the gigantic American Civil War or WW-Anything.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

That’s disturbing...

how your mind goes to that

but somehow not surprising .

Naw...just like you.  Putting your religion right in everybody's face.  With a fist no less.  I know right up front what I'm dealing with.  Just like you do.?

42 minutes ago, Historian said:

five Americans who served in the German army in WWII

A grandfather of a former BIL was captured in Stalingrad. Released in the late 60's.

There were probably more than five. In the 30s, Hitler "ordered" Germans with foreign residence to return to the Fatherland. He was one of them. He died in the USA.

Edited by Ricordo

19 minutes ago, Ricordo said:

A grandfather of a former BIL was captured in Stalingrad. Released in the late 60's.

There were probably more than five. In the 30s, Hitler "ordered" Germans with foreign residence to return to the Fatherland. He was one of them. He died in the USA.

He was lucky. They were supposed to never return. 

I was speaking of native born American citizens and not those called home for service by the jerk.

Edited by Historian

2 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Reverse the situation.

say the jogger was carrying. Two guys in a pickup blocked him, pursued him, blocked him again. Jumped out of the truck with a shotgun.

What if frogs had wings, would they bump their butts when they jumped?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, EdTracker said:

If Aubry was white, would anyone know about the killing or even care.

Probably not. Stupid happens, Every day. Every day.

It really wouldn't matter either way until 8 years of Obama/Holder race baiting.  That changed the dynamic for the indefinite future.  Society is a fickle thing.  The only constant has been Anti-Semitism, from ancient Egypt, to Medieval "Gildersheiz," to "Kristallnacht." Oh, and despite what Twitter says, all languages are acceptable with the exception of Yiddish.  Speak too much of it, regardless of content, expect to be banned.  Beyond that, society is flotsam and jetsam with no moral center.  The center no longer holds.  Whoever is adored one decade will be despised in another.  In the midst of all this, a good investigator sees beyond all the bias and looks for common reasons all humans have for criminal behavior.  Hate, revenge, sex, and money are the top four.  Whoever is doing that is irrelevant.  It is the human condition and we further denigrate society in the Medieval Era once again.  Where stupid reigns, unless of course, stupid is wiped out completely by the Chinese Bio Weapon by those who declare with arrogant authority, "I'll do what I want," or "A higher power will protect me from my own stupidity."  Plans are poorly thought out, and usually in a drunken and illicit drug haze leading to the bereavement of others and filling our prison population.  Well, until they let out the violent offenders back out in the name of Covid-19 to infect and reoffend.  Welcome to reality, and reality is a bitch.

8 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Reverse the situation.

I'm not really sure. I am not a lawyer and it is certainly out of my knowledge/experience base. Colin Noir seems to think that if the jogger was carrying he would be within his right of self defense to engage the guy holding the shotty. 

That said...

How the **** do you block a jogger with a car or truck?

Is it only possible to "jog" on a road?

If I was jogging on a road and someone tried to get in front of me in a car I would NOT stay on the road. Hell I would probably run through someones yard/house in an attempt to distance myself and disengage. Even if I was carrying I hope that I would not put myself in a situation that I my only option to charge two people already holding guns. 

Edited by EdTracker
  • Like 2

• Eric locked this topic