People starting to get fed up with being cooped up

gwalchmai

Walmart had opened up an hour early today for Senior Citizens. Controlled like High School. Maybe thirty cars in the lot. We had a gift card to spend and got a few essentials. Went over to the grocery store in the same shopping center and saw the empty aisle where a few days ago was completely filled with TP. WTF??  When they had TP the red bell peppers were 99 cents a pound. Today, $3.99 a pound. Things change very quickly. tom. :dunno:

• Sad 1

The only reason this "flu" is such a big deal is because people have never actually SEEN a new virus come up and spread across the world.  I mean, really, on a daily and hourly basis,  EVERY TV and Radio station and show..... In your FACE.... ALL DAY LONG, EVERY DAY!!!!

THIS one has been documented daily IN THE MEDIA as it came out of china, headed into europe and marched across the pond. 

It's the media and political HYPE that has made "The Rona" what it is.  The media never really HYPED any of that other crap, (ebola, SARS, any other Flu)  on a DAILY and HOURLY Basis.

Never let a "made up crises go to waste people".  Cool to watch how ya can lead all the sheep around with just a couple of sheep dogs barkin here and there...heh, heh, heh....

AND..."the meek will enherit the earth":rock:

Edited by Swampfox762
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

The only reason this "flu" is such a big deal is because people have never actually SEEN a new virus come up and spread across the world.  I mean, really, on a daily and hourly basis,  EVERY TV and Radio station and show..... In your FACE.... ALL DAY LONG, EVERY DAY!!!!

THIS one has been documented daily IN THE MEDIA as it came out of china, headed into europe and marched across the pond. 

It's the media and political HYPE that has made "The Rona" what it is.  The media never really HYPED any of that other crap, (ebola, SARS, any other Flu)  on a DAILY and HOURLY Basis.

Never let a "made up crises go to waste people".  Cool to watch how ya can lead all the sheep around with just a couple of sheep dogs barkin here and there...heh, heh, heh....

AND..."the meek will enherit the earth":rock:

Beats the hell out of hearing the MSM promoting Joe Biden.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, PPQer said:

AND..."the meek will enherit the earth"

I think it's going to be the stupid who inherit the Earth. There are obviously a whole lot of stupid people.

www.healthline.com/health-news/how-deadly-is-the-coronavirus-compared-to-past-outbreaks#20022004-severe-acute-respiratory-syndrome-(SARS)

"Here’s How COVID-19 Compares to Past Outbreaks"

Here's a start. In the 2002 SARS episode...

"Global cases: 8,098 casesTrusted Source across 29 countries; 8 U.S. cases

Global deaths: 774; 15 percent mortality rate; no U.S. deaths"

I wonder why the US media barely covered it. Maybe the ZERO deaths here?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, johnbt said:

I think it's going to be the stupid who inherit the Earth. There are obviously a whole lot of stupid people.

www.healthline.com/health-news/how-deadly-is-the-coronavirus-compared-to-past-outbreaks#20022004-severe-acute-respiratory-syndrome-(SARS)

"Here’s How COVID-19 Compares to Past Outbreaks"

Here's a start. In the 2002 SARS episode...

"Global cases: 8,098 casesTrusted Source across 29 countries; 8 U.S. cases

Global deaths: 774; 15 percent mortality rate; no U.S. deaths"

I'm still of the opinion that it wasn't covered because the media was comprised of liberals. Today the same media are looking for anything to discredit Trump and this is an election year.

The statement that, "The meek shall inherit the Earth", doesn't say whether they will be under the Earth or on top.....  This is an important distinction.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, johnbt said:

The overall burden of influenza for the 2014-2015 season was an estimated 30 million influenza illnesses, 14 million influenza-associated medical visits, 591,000 influenza-related hospitalizations, and 51,000 flu-associated deaths (Table: Estimated Influenza Disease Burden, by Season — United States, 2010-11 through 2017-18 Influenza Seasons).(CDC)

Damn Obama!!

Always killing people and not caring.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

California skate park filled with sand to enforce social distancing backfires as dirt bikers show up

Never underestimate the drive of people bored to death.

Politicians will never get ahead of their public.  They might abuse their public, but they will be outclassed by their public's ingenuity!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheygriz said:

There will always be individual instances of people abusing power.

That's why we have courts.

But we are not NAZI Germany and in NO DANGER of becoming that way, no matter what Alex Jones says.

What became of the situation where some college professor in California was running with Antifa, hitting people with a bicycle lock swinging on a chain? Surely he was tried, convicted, and received a worthwhile sentence for assault with a deadly weapon. Wasn’t he?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cheygriz said:

There will always be individual instances of people abusing power.

But we are not NAZI Germany and in NO DANGER of becoming that way, no matter what Alex Jones says.

Yet to progress through the court system take valuable time during which the people must submit.  Time lost to process and regulation is freedom lost.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cheygriz said:

Our gov made an "order" that masks have to be worn in every place of business.  And said that the police were to enforce it to the fullest extent of the "law".

But it's OK.

I'll give up my vote and representation.  I will. 

It's "the new normal".

• Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 8:10 AM, Huaco Kid said:

California skate park filled with sand to enforce social distancing backfires as dirt bikers show up

There have been a lot of dirt bikes around here lately. People have time to pull them out, tune them up and go for a spin.

Nobody has bothered with getting the registration updated. lol

One of the city cops said they had a rookie try to pull some kids over because "They look too young to be riding on the road." They cut across a vacant lot, crossed a road and he lost sight of them as they crossed a "closed" city park. He was very busy trying to get other units to set up a perimeter when a sergeant told him to code 4 .

Cop telling me the story said "Yeah, he's still figuring out which battles he's lost before they even start.":abovelol:

• Like 1

Then there is the guy down the road who is launching concussion mortars at midnight.

I don't know who it is for sure, but I have some cold beer waiting for him/her when I figure it out.

Mayor is fit to be tied... "We outlawed those!"

When she outlaws fun only the outlaws will have fun.:devildance:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fog said:

When she outlaws fun only the outlaws will have fun.:devildance:

I thought I might spend the day staring at the sun and trying not to squint.
Maybe make a large tapestry from my belly button lint.
Perhaps shine my pennies or clean my lava lamp
Could sit and count hair

Wait...I could burp my Tupperware.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fog said:

There have been a lot of dirt bikes around here lately. People have time to pull them out, tune them up and go for a spin.

Nobody has bothered with getting the registration updated. lol

One of the city cops said they had a rookie try to pull some kids over because "They look too young to be riding on the road." They cut across a vacant lot, crossed a road and he lost sight of them as they crossed a "closed" city park. He was very busy trying to get other units to set up a perimeter when a sergeant told him to code 4 .

Cop telling me the story said "Yeah, he's still figuring out which battles he's lost before they even start.":abovelol:

Can't imagine ditching the cops on a dirt bike. Or an ATV or snow machine. It just seems like such a wild thing to do. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Back in my youth a bunch of us were riding our dirt bikes in the dunes at Copalis Beach. Cops spot us from a bridge over the Copalis River and start yelling at us from there. We ignore them. They drive towards the beach approach, so we ride deep into the dunes and dump the bikes over. Mostly 400 Yamahas. Were laying there soaking up the sun when Barney decides he's going to hunt us down. After quite a bit of searching, he finally wanders into our spot. He's wore out from slogging through the dunes. Tells us we aren't supposed to be there and we'll have to PUSH our bikes out of there. Haha, that ain't happening. We have an argument where I told him even He Man couldn't push a dirt bike out of there, and how about we start them up and idle them out. He finally agrees to us idling them out, but we have to walk next to the bike. O.K. no problem. He then expects us to do this while he watches. I told him I needed to rest up first. He finally wanders off. When we stand up we can see the cops parked on the approach watching our way. One of my less intelligent friends tries to walk his bike out while idling it in first gear walking next to it. Was hilarious. I told him to do like me. I start my bike, stand on the pegs and start slowly riding in first gear while bobbing my body up and down like I'm walking. We head straight for the hard sand then saddle up and ride over to the approach where our trucks and the cops are. They left and we went back to riding, although not in the off limit dunes.

Edited by Walt Longmire
  • Like 1

The county to my South West is were i started and many years ago I was passed by a car that would have been flying at the speeds of a low flying airplane.   There were two options for leaving the county and 15 miles between us.  So i called the SO in the next county and had their men wait.

Sure enough he came through at mach one...now he had three guys after him...but we didn't engage in a high speed chase.  We just kept adding cars until he needed gas and had six of us stopping him.

It was all rather funny at about 4 AM.

And we all...were able to find a reason to issue a ticket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Listening to my scanner back in the 90's a Soldotna cop radios in the he spotted a person riding their Arctic Cat snow machine on the street in town. He was going to stop them. Haha. The guy (or gal) bolts. "Subject is heading east on Knight Drive at a high rate of speed."  "Suspect turned onto the Spur Highway headed north." He's accelerating." "And he's out of sight." Those snow machines are capable of 120mph on a road, or a lake with a good base. Cop car not so much after a fresh dump of snow. You just hope your belt on the clutches holds up, cause when that blows you're done until you get another one on. Of course you have a spare, but it isn't going to get changed fast enough.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Historian said:

The county to my South West is were i started and many years ago I was passed by a car that would have been flying at the speeds of a low flying airplane.   There were two options for leaving the county and 15 miles between us.  So i called the SO in the next county and had their men wait.

Sure enough he came through at mach one...now he had three guys after him...but we didn't engage in a high speed chase.  We just kept adding cars until he needed gas and had six of us stopping him.

It was all rather funny at about 4 AM.

And we all...were able to find a reason to issue a ticket.

I imagine the fines were hefty. Not that I would know anything about that, growing up in the era of fast cars.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1