19-year-old tried to execute Nye County Deputy in officer-involved shooting

TBO

"Moore had a violent criminal history, which included domestic battery, robbery and burglary. They say he also had several anti-law enforcement posts on social media."

well deserved mag dump!

those pictures of the vest look like Bird shot, and a little higher would probably be a different outcome.

Prayers for the Officer`s fast and full recovery.

• Like 4

Taken out da' trash.  Good for the deputies.  It's funny how at the end of the video, you get other offerings of dumb asses to watch.  I don't think I've ever seen one where the big question wasn't, "how did you expect that to go".  Thank goodness.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Vests save lives 

Amazing.  That cop to a direct hit to what looks like a trauma plate.

Thank God he had a vest. 

Phrump, NV is a hole in the wall outside of Vegas.   Famous for the late Art Bell and three whore houses.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Historian said:

Amazing.  That cop to a direct hit to what looks like a trauma plate.

Thank God he had a vest. 

Phrump, NV is a hole in the wall outside of Vegas.   Famous for the late Art Bell and three whore houses.

Thank G-d the shooter was a dumbass.  Like always.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PPQer said:

Thank G-d the shooter was a dumbass.  Like always.

One of the best officers i ever worked with took a shotgun blast through a door.  He was hit but because it was an off center shot...managed to survive.

He was also an EMT....one day he arrived at a hospital with a black child he was doing CPR on...and was told by an ER doctor he had to go to another hospital.  At that time...hospitals were segregated. 

Another doctor (a real one) stood up and took the child and saved her life.    That child was named after my friend.

He's a stud.  Looked a bit like grand pa Simpson.   I have a lot of great stories about him.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Historian said:

One of the best officers i ever worked with took a shotgun blast through a door.  He was hit but because it was an off center shot...managed to survive.

He was also an EMT....one day he arrived at a hospital with a black child he was doing CPR on...and was told by an ER doctor he had to go to another hospital.  At that time...hospitals were segregated. 

Another doctor (a real one) stood up and took the child and saved her life.    That child was named after my friend.

He's a stud.  Looked a bit like grand pa Simpson.   I have a lot of great stories about him.

Odd that some people think a life has color.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Historian said:

They did back then.

Heartless is what I call it.

In 1959 I reported to my ship at Charleston, S.C.  On the way down there, the midnight bus pulled over to the shoulder of the highway and the driver ordered me to the front of the bus or he said he would kick me off right there in the boonies.  Then bus pulled through the Black person Terminal into the White peoples Terminal.

The next year I sent for my bride to be so we could be married, in Charleston.  The clerk of courts denied my marriage license application, until he could look at my wife to be and ensure she wasn't Black.  No Black and White!

Next the church wouldn't permit us to marry until I told the priest that I would get the clerk of courts to marry us if he didn't.  He called the Bishop and wonder of wonders, he married us that day, but not at the altar because it was a mixed marriage, I was Protestant and she was Catholic.

Then we rented an apartment on the Battery overlooking Ft. Sumter. An hour after we rented the apartment the landlady came back and said, "I want you to meet my ******".  I stood their for a few seconds waiting for him to cold cock her.  Nothing happened.

My wife and I drove to North Charleston to see the town.  It was around supper time.  A Charleston Police car pulled me over and asked what I was doing in town.  I said I was sightseeing.  He said to get back to Charleston where I belonged, that the police left town at dusk and I would receive no help.

My wife and I, being from Minnesota experienced the greatest culture shock you can imagine.  We never talked to or about people like that.

I have never seen such hate and bitterness in my life.  

I went home after I was discharged.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

We never lived in segregated places when I was a lad, but we did live in Scottsdale, Arizona in the early 1960s.

I went to school with Hispanic kids and  Native kids (mostly Navajo) and I don't recall that ever meaning a damn thing.

If they were nice guys, they were my friends.

They came to our house, I played at their houses.

No parent ever made it an issue; they treated any  and all of us like -- kids.

Thanks to those parents for the man I am today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tous said:

We never lived in segregated places when I was a lad, but we did live in Scottsdale, Arizona in the early 1960s.

I went to school with Hispanic kids and  Native kids (mostly Navajo) and I don't recall that ever meaning a damn thing.

If they were nice guys, they were my friends.

They came to our house, I played at their houses.

No parent ever made it an issue; they treated any  and all of us like -- kids.

Thanks to those parents for the man I am today.

All those years growing up and we never knew we were supposed to hate people for their religion or color.  Our parents must have been remiss in our upbringing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

Jackbooted Thug Shoots Promising Young Man in Front of his Mother.

Now that is a proper headline.

Moron tries to use his own mother for cover to kill cops, turns out badly for him

that's a better headline

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1