Masterpiece under Quarantine

Mrs.Cicero

I have just been informed that Shakespeare wrote King Lear while under quarantine for the plague.  Historian is making beer (in another thread).  My husband is making mead.  I am making a quilt.  What masterpieces are the rest of you going to make for the next 3+ weeks?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I have just been informed that Shakespeare wrote King Lear while under quarantine for the plague.  Historian is making beer (in another thread).  My husband is making mead.  I am making a quilt.  What masterpieces are the rest of you going to make for the next 3+ weeks?

I'm hoping that I have enough Chocolate Chip Cookie dough for the duration.  I planned ahead.

• Like 3

I want to get back into the darkroom. Darkroom chemistry needs to be at 68 degrees. In the dead of winter I have problems doing that. This time of year it is easier. In mid summer I hit a couple magical weeks where the foundation of the house hits 68 and everything stays at perfect temperature all day. 

• Like 3

i`m visiting as many older Liberal Democrat and Anti-2A Voters as i can.

Meeting them, shaking their hands, hugging.

its just my way of giving back...

i`m working on the house more, doing some pre-planning for things i will probably need in the future and any more extensive remodels we 'may' chose to do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Bet some babies will be made. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, minervadoe said:

My son will be coming home from college for the spring quarter.  It seems that it will be online and he will be living here again.  It will be nice to see how our masterpiece has changed over two quarters. 

Since most if not all “higher education” institutions are doing this for at least a month if not the rest of the semester/quarter it will be interesting to see if many students change to online education vs classroom. Some lab courses - chemistry, biology, etc - probably can’t be totally changed. But most if not all pure lecture courses can be. Changing from the classroom model to the online model should significantly reduce costs to students and thus college loans. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Since most if not all “higher education” institutions are doing this for at least a month if not the rest of the semester/quarter it will be interesting to see if many students change to online education vs classroom. Some lab courses - chemistry, biology, etc - probably can’t be totally changed. But most if not all pure lecture courses can be. Changing from the classroom model to the online model should significantly reduce costs to students and thus college loans. 

IF those lower costs are passed along and not kept as more profit.  Higher learning establishments are a business as sure as General MIlls is.

36 minutes ago, janice6 said:

IF those lower costs are passed along and not kept as more profit.  Higher learning establishments are a business as sure as General MIlls is.

Reaping the money made available by easy college loans got a lot of fancy offices and salaries and benefits for those in higher education. Many of whom were providing courses which might have been interesting and great for personal growth but had almost no market value for their graduates. 

Been a bunch of folks wanting to shift those unpaid college loans onto the taxpayers. Which is unfair at several levels. A more interesting idea is to charge said unpaid college loans back to the colleges and universities which initially harvested the cash

• Thanks 1