2020 sucks already like some here have said

ASH

wifes best friend    found out wednesday  she had cancer in both breast  and nodes in her arm pit .  she is only 48  and a cool lady who has a heart of gold .  she came by today 

and let us know ,  felt like i kicked by a mule . wife went to spend the night with her and have girl time . makes me think bitching  bout plastic      today   just plain stupid .  

its me and Piper and the pups  tonight .    pups all sleep , Pip  watching  stitch  something . and me just sitting here typing .   dunno what else to add .  just some prayers  if you believe in them 

i do  or just send good thoughts  .   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

This getting older thing is for the birds. I hate seeing more and more friends and family suffering. I've got an Aunt who is about to do the bilateral mastectomy thing in late January. If your friend wants a partner, I can pass along her contact details. I'm sorry this happened to your friend, man. I don't pray, but my thoughts are with y'all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ASH said:

wifes best friend    found out wednesday  she had cancer in both breast  and nodes in her arm pit .  she is only 48  and a cool lady who has a heart of gold .  she came by today 

and let us know ,  felt like i kicked by a mule . wife went to spend the night with her and have girl time . makes me think bitching  bout plastic      today   just plain stupid .  

its me and Piper and the pups  tonight .    pups all sleep , Pip  watching  stitch  something . and me just sitting here typing .   dunno what else to add .  just some prayers  if you believe in them 

i do  or just send good thoughts  .   

Crap happens and sometimes it's to good people, I am truly sorry for her.

Lilo and Stitch is a great kids series.  I also enjoyed it.

• Like 1

An old friend that is 98 years old stopped by to visit yesterday. My EMT grandson was so impressed, he called some of his FD friends to tell them about this old man that is walking, talking, making sense, etc. They see so many people that are still young who are unable to take care of themselves due to obesity or serious medical problems. It gave him hope to see a mentally and physically healthy 98 year old.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

In statistics "Infant Mortality" is that portion of the Population that is lost quite unexpectedly long before the expectations for their lifetime.

It is most disconcerting in humans.

It is also that group of techy crap you buy that fails quite soon after you buy it.

In Qualifying Parts for Military use, the primary test is accelerated aging of samples of batches of components ( by heating during function) to see the percentage of failures due Infant Mortality. 

Batches with too high quantities of failures are rejected.  It's part of the MIL-SPEC testing that's done to ensure reliability.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2