when you get old watch your step

ASH

well i spent half the day at ER  ,   i stepped on a lose brick coming down steps on back deck and rolled my ankle completely sideways,  im now in a walking boot  doc sid xray showed no broken bones but wanted to wait til swelling went down  ,i did break the same ankle like 20 years ago , but he said there are so many bones in foot  i could have , so i go back monday follow up , im just glad i did not tear any tendons .   so PIPER took care of me most of day  since p oppy got hurt lol. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I'm told that a sprained ankle is many times harder on the person than a broken one.  

My daughter broke her ankle in the 10th birthday....clean break through the growth plate.  She had two pins placed....and complained for almost a year about regular pain in that region. 

Bad sprains seem to heal at about the same rate.  They are wicked injuries that weaken the hurt region for the next injury.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

anything to get to put your feet up huh?

hope you feel better.

thanks  , i got it up   on some pillows and my sweet wife brought me  lil bell to ring , but Piper is really messing my gravy up  , ringing it for nothing wife said hide or no more bell 

im not a good patient  either

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I rolled my ankle delivering mail and stepping off an icy curb several years ago. The pain was unreal. I was fortunate not to break any bones but I sure did stretch some tendons and ligaments.

To this day every once in awhile I still get a "twinge" if my foot's at a weird angle with my body weight on it.

Rest up Ash....it could be awhile before you're back to 100%.

• Like 2

Yeah resting. I'm just mad cranky badger as I'm not the type to lounge around . sitting around is not my thing.atleast I hurt the same ankle idid years ago so I still got one good one.i feel asleep for a bit earlier thankfully.          As I'm a insomniac.                                                                                                    My upper and lower  colonoscopy. got pushed back to this Thursday so. I will gritting my teeth. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, ASH said:

thanks  , i got it up   on some pillows and my sweet wife brought me  lil bell to ring , but Piper is really messing my gravy up  , ringing it for nothing wife said hide or no more bell 

im not a good patient  either

once she figures out she gets a Cookie for ringing the bell your done for.

and after all she does deserve the Cookie for taking such good care of you...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

well boot came off  seems finally got some luck , no fracture or break or tears ,  now im in a velcro shoe with a sleeve on each side where 2 metal rods are to keep from

turning my ankle again ,  2 to 3 weeks with high top shoe .  not to bad i was really getting tired of boot

• Like 1

I haven't hurt my ankle, but one Winter I slipped and fell straight down on one foot.  It buckled sideways and folded under me, I wound up breaking 5 metatarsal bones.  They remained lined up so I didn't need surgery,  but I wore a boot for a while.  The best thing about the experience was the Handicap Sticker.

When I had my last visit to the Doctor, he asked how I was doing, I told him "well". 

My wife leaped into the conversation with the statement that, she liked the handicap sticker priveleges so much she was thinking of breaking my other foot! 

• Haha 2

I broke a metatarsal in my foot hitting a pothole on a pt run in BNOC at Ft Campbell Ky. If I went to the aid station I would get a bus ticket home.

it was week four, so I laced up my boot really tight and limped. I could drop out of three pt runs and we had a week in the field, 
but a PT test to finish the course.

worse time I ever had on the two mile run. But I got Distinguished Grad.

the Orthopedist later told me I did more damage after the injury that the injury itself. 

Edited by Dric902
  • Sad 1

I fell out of bed a couple of days ago.

I have a rather high daybed in my radio room that I exile myself to when my snoring gets on SheWhoMustBeObeyed’s nerves.  During a therapeutic afternoon nap, I rolled over - but there was no over.  Luckily, I woke up just as the descent began and was able to slow the fall enough to not hurt myself.

Old age can be exciting!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dric902 said:

I broke a metatarsal in my foot hitting a pothole on a pt run in BNOC at Ft Campbell Ky. If I went to the aid station I would get a bus ticket home.

it was week four, so I laced up my boot really tight and limped. I could drop out of three pt runs and we had a week in the field, 
but a PT test to finish the course.

worse time I ever had on the two mile run. But I got Distinguished Grad.

the Orthopedist later told me I did more damage after the injury that the injury itself. 

At first I thought I just twisted my ankle and I had to get inside, cause it's Winter and damned cold. 

I got up favoring the hurt foot, and then I tried to use it to walk into the open garage.  God it hurt so bad with pain shooting up my leg.  I hobbled into the house and figured I really did a number on it.

I couldn't believe the pain when I tried to walk on it.  KUDO's for finishing your course.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, janice6 said:

At first I thought I just twisted my ankle and I had to get inside, cause it's Winter and damned cold. 

I got up favoring the hurt foot, and then I tried to use it to walk into the open garage.  God it hurt so bad with pain shooting up my leg.  I hobbled into the house and figured I really did a number on it.

I couldn't believe the pain when I tried to walk on it.  KUDO's for finishing your course.

Young, stupid, and invincible 

and popping Motrin like M&Ms

• Thanks 1

people dont really think how important feet are on a daily basis until you hurt one lol .  when farming ive walked a many a mile  and my knees are wore out and surprisingly 

my feet are pretty good ,  except back when i would have gout flair up in big toe . doc told me we gotta get that under control or its gonna ruin your joint and never recover,  then bout 20 years ago i started getting special made foot pad inserts  from my doc  and it has made a huge difference   ,yeah they are expensive  but you cant put a price on pain or getting help .  like people with back problems  i know a few that have bad backs and even thou i got alot of hurts  my prayers go out to anyone with back problems.  

farming  which is super high risk  for back problems  , i got damn lucky  . my dad  had the corn auger motor slip and it flipped upside down  and slid down the side of silo and smacked his back , he never recovered from that and was on alot of pain management til he died .

• Sad 1

I fell by the basement stairs and down I went.  Lucky I did not kill myself.  I still suffer from that to this day.. In my youth it would have healed, today at my age not so much... I still hurt from that.. 

Dave..

8 hours ago, Historian said:

Just mowed the lawn.  Didn't see a small hole, or depression, rolled my right ankle.

Lovely.   I'm going to self medicate with a raised foot and a history book.

didnt mean to jinx ya my friend  .    it is 15 degrees colder to day then yesterday and raining all last night and all  day and still raining , and  my foot is acting up  .