Multiple people killed at elpaso walmart

ASH

My old stomping grounds! University Medical Center fortunately is about 2 miles from the mall. It's the only major (Level 1) trauma center in all of West TX and Southern NM. Worked there for 5 years, best job I ever had. Feels like I should be there.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

Another victim rich zone because of mall policy.  One of these days somebody or their heirs is going to sue one of these gun free zones.

All the news' are now reporting "one in custody".  I wonder if the other arrests might have been "good guys with guns" running around.

• Like 2

They said 3 to start with but now it's one. I don't do crowded places and not been in a mall in 30 years. But if I did I would have conceal carry like I do now.              The way I see it if I broke the laws carrying **** it I will deal with it later. I'm not gonna go down like sheep in corral.       Prayers to the victims and families.              I just don't. Know why law makers can't see criminals or shooters go for the fish in barrel places.  Like silent said one day someone is going to get killed that is family to a law makers like luby's. then maybe things change

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

Another victim rich zone because of mall policy.  One of these days somebody or their heirs is going to sue one of these gun free zones.

The shootings occurred in the Wal-Mart and I mapped it... it's a separate building from the mall.  

Unless something has recently changed, Wal-Mart's corporate policy is to allow permit holders to carry in their stores.  

Not going to have an easy time suing the mall when the shooting didn't occur in it.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OwlsNest465 said:

The shootings occurred in the Wal-Mart and I mapped it... it's a separate building from the mall.  

Unless something has recently changed, Wal-Mart's corporate policy is to allow permit holders to carry in their stores.  

Not going to have an easy time suing the mall when the shooting didn't occur in it.  

According to John Lott the Walmart is a tenant of the mall and the mall policy is in effect there.

• Thanks 1

the way i know it the mall extends to include all the parking lots  and the whole property and places built not in the mall but on their property  are liable .  those stores like jared's or others pay a fee to mall to be there

• Like 2

Well, for that to matter, Wal-Mart would need to ban weapons in the store.  Haven't seen any real evidence of that yet.

Wal-Mart is not listed here.  

https://www.simon.com/mall/cielo-vista-mall/stores

Until I see evidence that the Wal-Mart in question actually prohibits the legal carrying of firearms in their store, I'll go with "Lott is incorrect and Wal-Mart sets their own policy" for $100. 

• Administrators

I was just watching Fox News’ coverage of the shooting, until they started interviewing that fuckhead Beto. I had to restrain myself from throwing something at the TV. He is already preaching new gun laws. I really, really dislike that guy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Eric said:

I was just watching Fox News’ coverage of the shooting, until they started interviewing that fuckhead Beto. I had to restrain myself from throwing something at the TV. He is already preaching new gun laws. I really, really dislike that guy.

Elvis was right about TV.

1 hour ago, Eric said:

I wonder why the guy drove all the way from Allen, TX to El Paso?

ONE STATION SAID HE WAS ANGRY ABOUT IMMIGRANTS. SOME HOW TO HIM EL PASO REPRESENTED IMMIGRANTS. EL PASO/JUAREZ IS THE LARGEST METROPOLITAN AREA STRADDLING AN INTERNATIONAL BORDER.

Don't forget the Texas Justice System. Kill a LEO or lots of others, get the death penalty, and you go to the front of the line for execution.

If I'm still in the TX system and would be more than happy to fly back to be a juror. I've shopped in the Ciello Vista (Sky Veiw) mall. Worked at the trauma center right down the street. I miss El Paso terribly, but family is here

Edited by Paul53
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric said:

Always some idiot politician claiming the new laws will work, when the old laws prohibiting the same offense didn't work.

Beto isn't worried about citizen safety, he's only concerned with trying to look good over 20 innocent bodies. 

If no criminal obeys the law (by definition), then more laws accomplish nothing, but promote political ambitions of those who use a crisis to provide some personal advantage.

Beto sucks!

• Like 1

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, Paul53 said:

ONE STATION SAID HE WAS ANGRY ABOUT IMMIGRANTS. SOME HOW TO HIM EL PASO REPRESENTED IMMIGRANTS. EL PASO/JUAREZ IS THE LARGEST METROPOLITAN AREA STRADDLING AN INTERNATIONAL BORDER.

Don't forget the Texas Justice System. Kill a LEO or lots of others, get the death penalty, and you go to the front of the line for execution.

If I'm still in the TX system and would be more than happy to fly back to be a juror. I've shopped in the Ciello Vista (Sky Veiw) mall. Worked at the trauma center right down the street. I miss El Paso terribly, but family is here

I stopped at that mall once, on my way through El Paso. I recognized the name when I heard it today. 

• Like 2