How Does Your Dog Game You...

DrB

My Border Collie throws her toys down the basement stairs then lies at the top wining and complaining.  If I don't respond the whiny bark starts, the look dad begins.......  Then the argue  begging starts.

She usually wins, I go down to get and then it starts all over again...  The boss dog rules the house..

Dave..

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

My Border Collie throws her toys down the basement stairs then lies at the top wining and complaining.  If I don't respond the whiny bark starts, the look dad begins.......  Then the argue  begging starts.
She usually wins, I go down to get and then it starts all over again...  The boss dog rules the house..
Dave..

A reversal of the usual “throw the stick” “throw the ball” games. Just don’t add tennis balls to the indoor toy list...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just outside and she was in full blown Border Collie Herding Mode.  Big circles with the barking, then smaller and smaller.  The creep could get in and nip my ankles.  Then when i did not go the correct way she body checked me in the back of my legs. Full speed than she turns and hits me with her body sideways in my lover legs. Puts me down on the on the ground if I'm not watching..  That's what she does,herding mode.  Love it... 

What can be better, not much?

Dave..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Cats used to whack their Hartz Suede Mice under the couch and then sit and whine until my late wife or I dragged them out with a yardstick.

At which time, the cats whacked their Hartz Suede Mice under the couch.

Repeat until cats lost interest.

We had a Shelty that was a very smart doggy.

She started out sleeping at the foot of our bed; then she slowly, carefully made her way between us.

Her next trick was to lean against me and I would move over a bit and she'd lean on my wife and she'd move over a bit.

I'd wake up and the danged dog had 80% of the  bed, my wife and I were huddled in the corners.

Great dog.

Edited by tous
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

For many years our Yorkie would sleep at the top of my wife's pillow and curve his body around her head.  Then as he got older the water bed was too hot and so were his people, so now he spends the night in his "cat bed".

My wife and I still miss him in bed with us.  His hair was so soft and his snoring was so light and soft that we both would wake up chuckling at how cute he was.

Now my wife and I both will snore occasionally and the other will wake up with capitol punishment in mind if the noise doesn't stop.

He still believes that his responsibility in our pack is to watch out for my wife.  He gets visibly upset when she goes out for the mail, until she gets back in the house.  I told her he's afraid she will panic and bolt down the street.  He had an intolerable hatred for diesel powered delivery trucks with long straight pipes.

We wouldn't trade him for anything.

• Like 4

If I feed our Cockers in the AM before I go to work. They will LIE to my wife and tell her they are starving two hours later and swear that I never gave them a thing. 

DItto if I come home at night and my wife has gone out after feeding them. You would swear they haven't had food in weeks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GlocknSpiehl said:

If I feed our Cockers in the AM before I go to work. They will LIE to my wife and tell her they are starving two hours later and swear that I never gave them a thing. 

DItto if I come home at night and my wife has gone out after feeding them. You would swear they haven't had food in weeks!

My wife complains that she will feed the Yorkie and after he's done with that supper, he will come to me to feed him again.  Frankly my dear Scarlett, I don't give a damn.  As long as my 19 year old dog eats good, he's not leaving me for a while.  That's very important to me.  I tell her a growing boy needs his calories.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Presguy said:

She knows my schedule better than I do. She has to get her Greenie the moment I get out of bed. She knows that if she pushes under my desk while I'm working, it bugs me, and I'll let her outside. She boycotts her dry food unless I put some tuna or a couple cheese cubes on top.

If I listed every "trick" that dog has figured out, I could fill a book on manipulative habits. She's trained me well.

I love mine too!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DrB said:

Dave..

Are you saying your DOG has trained YOU to fetch?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If someone (or the other dog) is sitting on the couch, and the mastiff decides he wants it, he will run excitedly to the window, bark and look at you, like "Come see!  Come see!"... and as soon as you or the dog taking up space on the couch get up to go look, he runs around around the coffee table and jumps on the couch, stretching out to take up the entire length of it, on his back, with this big stupid grin on his face.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I had the "Battle Of The Blue Cups" with my cat. He knocked over these blue cups I used for water/wine/milk, whenever I left the room. He also knocked over bottles of beer, including one beer that wen right into my surround sound system. If I left the room, there would be some sort of fluid spilled if I was dumb enough to leave it on the coffee table.

This went on for at least a year, with that cat damn near getting murdered by me a few times. 

The cat won. 

Edited by M&P15T
  • Haha 1

Mine has several chew toys and balls to choose from when he's outside. Buy when he decides he wants a particular one, the rest don't exist. If he wants the Frisbee that he's chewed in half,  that's what he brings you. Then he ignores anything else you throw until you toss that one.

And when you're eating something or have food on the counter, he always needs to go out. But what he really intends on doing is hauling ass to yhe table for a couple unmonitored seconds while you have walked away to let him in. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1