Veggie Tales called Racist, Dangerous

SC Tiger

Sweet Jesus - take me now.  I don't know how much more of this craziness I can take.

A group has called "Veggie Tales" - the cartoons about talking vegetables teaching Bible stories and about God - have been called Racist and Dangerous.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/veggietales-is-racist-and-dangerous-for-children-california-students-claim

The good news is that this appears to be a small group of nutballs.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

I like Veggie Tales. When my daughter was growing up, we watched them all. I'm not sure how anyone could consider that show racist? It actually worked hard at staying non-denominational and basically trying to teach good morale practices. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BMyers said:

I like Veggie Tales. When my daughter was growing up, we watched them all. I'm not sure how anyone could consider that show racist? It actually worked hard at staying non-denominational and basically trying to teach good morale practices. 

So...how do you make Laura Carrot racist?  

Larry the Cumcumber is green.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BMyers said:

Don't you know good morals are racist, everything is getting more stupid every day.

wow, just wow.

I mean, I got a good laugh out of reading the article, but it's a little scary what people are getting away with under the guise of "education"

That, and one of the things that is racist is "women for Trump"...  doesn't matter what race the women are, just that they are for Trump.

9 hours ago, BMyers said:

When it came to ulterior motives that show was the most innocuous I have seen.  It and Sponge Bob are excellent children's fare.  Liberals are incensed simply because they do not indoctrinate to their ideals, like you see on NPR.  

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:27 AM, SC Tiger said:

Sweet Jesus - take me now.  I don't know how much more of this craziness I can take.

A group has called "Veggie Tales" - the cartoons about talking vegetables teaching Bible stories and about God - have been called Racist and Dangerous.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/veggietales-is-racist-and-dangerous-for-children-california-students-claim

I agree it is annoying and stupid, and having to suffer through it was brutal.  Racist and dangerous, not so much.

On 12/9/2018 at 11:20 AM, Moshe said:

I agree it is annoying and stupid, and having to suffer through it was brutal.  Racist and dangerous, not so much.

Some were pretty cute.  They put an interesting spin on the tale of Jonah.  And "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" is hilarious.

On 12/9/2018 at 3:02 PM, PBCounty said:

Is the bad guy an eggplant?

A lot of the times it's Mr. Nezzer, who's a zucchini.  Mr. Lunt is often his sidekick, and he's a gourd with a Spanish accent, who grew up in New Jersey.

Yes - my kid used to watch these a lot.

• Like 2

On 12/9/2018 at 10:08 PM, Historian said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n5uujMb_hbo

I got to tell you something. I ain't got no belly button...whoa whoa...

You say your belly button's missing
There's no reason for alarm
It's a common thing for gourds
It won't do you any harm
You're technically a fruit
And with that much being said
Your umbilical equivocal
Is up there on your head!
You could opt for a prosthetic
But of course, you'd have to know
It'd be covered by your shirt
But not your HMO!

• Like 1

On 12/5/2018 at 10:27 AM, SC Tiger said:

"Racist and Dangerous"

Perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black. 

(I apologize if I offended anyone by saying the above.  Apparently pots are racist)

• Like 1

When you are really intent on finding racism and violence, you generally will work extra hard, and put in extra effort, to either find it or redefine what you see, to conform to your expectations.  This tells the objective observer much more about the person/group that is burdened with looking for hate, than it does in the examples you hold up.

We generally find that which we complain about, because that is all we can see.  Liberals are anything but!!

• Like 2