Old Pictures

Eric

1 hour ago, Eric said:

1E219C69-9C4D-460D-82F2-DCCB6BF3E6C7.jpeg

That is the heartless trained killer that many believe is the U.S> Military.  Empathy and compassion in the face of adversity.  

I couldn't be more proud to be an American and have representatives like this!  KUDO's to the American soldier.

• Like 9

First day of the WW2. Battle of Mokra which is a small village in the Western Poland. 110 Germans tanks destroyed by the Polish cavalry brigade. This battle is what often was later referred as the Polish cavalry charging the German tanks. In fact the cavalry acted mostly as a highly mobile infantry and while using the anti tank guns caused the first, German defeat of the war.

Panzer_II_Mokra_in_Poland_September1939.jpg

mokra3_copy.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This is Uncle Al. Not my uncle, but my business partner's great uncle. Uncle Al was an engineer on the Al-Can highway during WWII. He had colorful stories about it. The work was brutal and dangerous, mostly danger from the cold. Lots of frostbite problems and poor gear. He lived here in town, a single man all the way to the end. It was fun when he came into the office.

At one point on the project, Al and another guy put up a signpost saying "X miles to (wherever)." I understand that got right popular up there.

Al lived until a couple years ago, passing at age 98. They don't make em like him anymore.

Uncle%20Al%20signpost-XL.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1