Random Posting

Eric

1 hour ago, gwalchmai said:

Yeah, that's what my "level 3" SKs look like. I have three levels of walking shoes - level 3, wore slap out, for yard work & chores; level 2, for shopping & other public ****, waiting to move to level 3; level 1, staying in the box, too nice to wear, waiting to move to level 2. Mrs. G lowered the boom on me a few years back when the shoe goo on my level 2 dress shoes failed and the soles started flapping at church. Of course, a couple of the guys at church offered to buy them...

I'd love to know why it's so blasted hard to find a decent set of wing tip shoes!

In leather.  Not fake leather.  I want the finest cow ass.

35 minutes ago, Historian said:

I'd love to know why it's so blasted hard to find a decent set of wing tip shoes!

In leather.  Not fake leather.  I want the finest cow ass.

I found some decent Allen Edmunds at the shoe sale I went to this weekend they were about $75, but alas, my size was sold out.

https://www.amazon.com/Allen-Edmonds-Mens-McAllister-Walnut/dp/B001TDKXOU/ref=sr_1_48?crid=2T6FBHWGJ05SO&dchild=1&keywords=wingtip%2Bshoes&qid=1628468545&sprefix=wingtpi%2Caps%2C200&sr=8-48&th=1&psc=1

Phantom Racer

Greg Evigan, Chad Willett, Nicole Eggert

Director: Terry Ingram

MoviesAction

A car takes on an evil spirit in this sci-fi action flick. A racecar driver faces the challenge of a lifetime as he tries to outrun a car that is seemingly possessed. Directed by Terry Ingram, the film stars Greg Evigan and Nicole Eggert.

(zero stars) Kinda Dukes Of Hazzard-ish,  but with trunks that eat you like a woodchipper.  Obligatory snotty teenage girl.

• Like 2

Heatseeker

Keith Cooke, Thom Matthews, Gary Daniels

Director: Albert Pyun

MoviesAction

In 2019, the world karate champion must fight against men with cyber-strength as arena fighting has become the exclusive domain of lethal cyborg warriors.

(1/5 stars)  Actually kinda good Bruce Lee quality fighting.  Actors are obviously real mma.  No floating mid-air crane shots.

Kumite.  In Taiwan?  Don't know.  Not a lot of orientals there. 

A weird matrix-guy behind the scenes.  We're not sure what his deal is.

And, at this time of night,  to disrupt all the cool karate,  a lot of 1-800-Phone-Sexy commercials.

And,  I'm not sure,  I'm not in marketing or advertising,  but these girls might be a couple days past prime.

I've seen the internet.  They are definitely missing the mark.

12 minutes ago, Historian said:

Those show a person has class.   It's like cuff links.

I wear a fedora or a Stetson as well.

When a man steps out looking like that...you know he's a man to recon with.

I still have two pair of wingtips in the closet I now rarely wear since I'm retired.  One pair the sole is awful thin,  but I'm hanging onto them.  Just recently was deciding what to do with cuff links and tie tacks.  I took one nice tie tack with a small diamond in the center and had it converted into a necklace that I gave to a Granddaughter for her 16th. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

I still have two pair of wingtips in the closet I now rarely wear since I'm retired.  One pair the sole is awful thin,  but I'm hanging onto them.  Just recently was deciding what to do with cuff links and tie tacks.  I took one nice tie tack with a small diamond in the center and had it converted into a necklace that I gave to a Granddaughter for her 16th. 

That is a great idea to repurpose the tie tack like that.   She can carry that diamond with her now...and it was yours...something you once carried.   That's a brilliant way to show love.  Thank you for sharing that.  

Those old shoes can have a new life if you take them to be repaired.   I have an old pair that was refurbished and looked new when they returned.   Amazing work.

As for the ties.  Hold on to them.  They don't eat.  But more importantly if you've looked for a nice tie recently...they are harder to find than gold.

I was at a department store recently and the ties were so ugly i had to ask the young man working there how he could sell them in good faith.  I mean they looked like a jihadist clown blew himself up.   Multi-colored clown guts everywhere!

He told me he buys his ties online...because he could not buy what he sells.    He complained his clients had little taste or knowledge of finer things.  

53 minutes ago, Historian said:

That is a great idea to repurpose the tie tack like that.   She can carry that diamond with her now...and it was yours...something you once carried.   That's a brilliant way to show love.  Thank you for sharing that.  

Those old shoes can have a new life if you take them to be repaired.   I have an old pair that was refurbished and looked new when they returned.   Amazing work.

As for the ties.  Hold on to them.  They don't eat.  But more importantly if you've looked for a nice tie recently...they are harder to find than gold.

I was at a department store recently and the ties were so ugly i had to ask the young man working there how he could sell them in good faith.  I mean they looked like a jihadist clown blew himself up.   Multi-colored clown guts everywhere!

He told me he buys his ties online...because he could not buy what he sells.    He complained his clients had little taste or knowledge of finer things.  

Like everything else finding a good shoe repair shop isn't easy. 

I told the granddaughter the story about the tie tack, she though it was neat that it was almost four times her age.

Neck ties is another story, must 25-30 hanging on rack in the closet.  I have several made just for special days such as valentine day.  Bought them at Nordstroms and they are nice and classy.

Same thing with SUITS and DRESS SHIRTS...

Just before I retired (long story, wasn't going to retire), I bought 2 expensive suits that I must have worn each twice...Donated to local charity..for some reason i still have a closet full of long sleeved shirts that I will probably never wear..

As far as shoes, for the past 30 years I wear Sperry Docksiders...the Gold Cup ones, 3 pair One brand new waiting, 2nd every day and 3rd ratty worn out for year shop work...

AND, I have noticed that these days (well before China Virus anyway) Office workers don't seem to "dress up" for work like "we" used to

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DAKA said:

Same thing with SUITS and DRESS SHIRTS...

Just before I retired (long story, wasn't going to retire), I bought 2 expensive suits that I must have worn each twice...Donated to local charity..for some reason i still have a closet full of long sleeved shirts that I will probably never wear..

As far as shoes, for the past 30 years I wear Sperry Docksiders...the Gold Cup ones, 3 pair One brand new waiting, 2nd every day and 3rd ratty worn out for year shop work...

AND, I have noticed that these days (well before China Virus anyway) Office workers don't seem to "dress up" for work like "we" used to

No, they don't.  I was shocked when a young lady in our office showed up at work one day wearing a delightful dress hat....matched her outfit as well.   She was a doll.   She moved off to found a baking company.

Anyway.  We were required to wear dockers and collared shirts until i started asking for payment when split the inseams on my pants a few times (not related to the cutie mentioned above).    So they allowed us to move to jeans and a collared shirt that reflected the nature of the job.   If you expect us to do physical work you need to allow us to dress for the job.   

I do, however, keep a set of dressier clothes and a uniform in my office should I need it.  

36 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

Like everything else finding a good shoe repair shop isn't easy. 

I told the granddaughter the story about the tie tack, she though it was neat that it was almost four times her age.

Neck ties is another story, must 25-30 hanging on rack in the closet.  I have several made just for special days such as valentine day.  Bought them at Nordstroms and they are nice and classy.

I like older things like that.   Has she figured out the diamond is much older than four times her age?

If you're going to pair down your tie selection perhaps you can find a young man at church or some place that needs a quality tie.

My best ties have come this way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Historian said:

I like older things like that.   Has she figured out the diamond is much older than four times her age?

If you're going to pair down your tie selection perhaps you can find a young man at church or some place that needs a quality tie.

My best ties have come this way.

Thanks, I like that idea.....................