Return mailing labels...

railfancwb

I probably receive enough return mailing labels in a year to do me for several lifetimes. Especially since I almost never use snail mail any more. Seems anyone wanting me to make a donation includes a sheet of peel and stick labels. Most offers of “no exam required” life insurance also include a sheet of labels. Some labels include pictures along with return address information. I am less willing to use those for the same reason I no longer use bumper stickers  

In some offers a response requires peeling a specific label off the sheet and placing it on a form. Funny, but only that one label includes zip + four. All the others include only zip.

This thread was provoked by stumbling across yet one more sheet of those labels I saved.

Am I the only person still being blessed with sheets of peel and stick labels?

Anyone’s label sheets include zip + four for all the labels?

• Like 1

I used them quiet often.   If you're going to send me free stickers...why not use them.

Mostly on what ham radio operators called QSL (contact cards).   I've sent those stickers all over the world.

The most interesting one this year came from Germany.  What made that an interesting contact is the guy works for the UN and his station was located in Somalia.

Pretty cool!  When he cycled home to Germany he sent me a card confirming an unusual contact for my log book.

• Like 6

We used to get them a lot. Then we didn't get any so my wife bought an ink stamper to do returns info on letters. If we have resumed getting return labels I don't know it because my wife sorts the mail and is an OCD clutter destroyer and nothing unneeded survives to the end of the day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I still use them on the rare outgoing snail mail, and when someone needs a self-addressed/stamped envelope from me, on books/movies I loan out, and on entry forms for quilt raffles.  My parents do a lot of hiking with a club that tracks their mileage - everyone  who attends a hike turns a card in to the hike leader at the end of the hike to get credit for their mileage (my parents are in excess of 15,000 miles walked at this point)- anyway, they use their address labels on the mileage cards.  I wonder how much longer we'll be getting those freebie stickers... and what will replace them.

• Like 2