Might Be My Turn.

tadbart

7 hours ago, tadbart said:

Hey guys. Thanks for asking.

This is ROUGH. Woke at 1pm today, with malarial chills. Damn near shook off the toilet seat. Now, I'm pouring sweat. The constants are shortness of breath, dizziness, aches, and eye pain. You know that viral thing, where even your hair hurts? That's there aplenty. I'd highly recommend against contracting this ****. If the boogaloo happened today, I'd have to call in sick to it.

Yeah the painful hair follicles are a great indicator that you got nailed good. I hope you get better soon.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, tadbart said:

Hey guys. Thanks for asking.

This is ROUGH. Woke at 1pm today, with malarial chills. Damn near shook off the toilet seat. Now, I'm pouring sweat. The constants are shortness of breath, dizziness, aches, and eye pain. You know that viral thing, where even your hair hurts? That's there aplenty. I'd highly recommend against contracting this ****. If the boogaloo happened today, I'd have to call in sick to it.

This is like a guided tour. I'm going to stock up on zinc & C today, just in case.

Hang in there, TB. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PPQer said:

One of the logical voices on C-19

Interesting info. Watch the follow up too. He expressed what my Dr told me. That your immune system is not your friend in Covid. The immune reaction can actually do you in. 

2 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

24 hours of sunlight here right now, and I have been soaking it up. I take zinc, c, d, and a few others.

Get naked and sit on your back porch!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zonny said:

Interesting info. Watch the follow up too. He expressed what my Dr told me. That your immune system is not your friend in Covid. The immune reaction can actually do you in. 

Mild doses of steroids are proving effective for that very reason.  

That's why I got off gluten.  Gluten causes an immune system overreaction of this very nature.  I read early on that a 28 yo fitness buff died because her lungs filled with fluid.  I've always had allergies and any stimulus would cause my sinuses to go into overdrive leading to bronchitis.  I took allergy shots for years with very little improvement.  I got off gluten, and no more drainage, no more bronchitis, no more hay fever symptoms, and my allergy symptoms were reduced to sinus stuffiness without drainage.  I've limited my gluten all along, but now I am basically gluten free again.

• Thanks 1

C-19 anecdote:

My hospital immediately started furloughing employees when elective procedures were cancelled months ago.  I thought that was what the "Payroll Protection Program" was intended to prevent.  Being of the dollar and for the dollar, hospital admin immediately started cutting nurses.  Called it "furlough", and paid their health insurance.  

When C-19 hit our hospital, a lot of those healthcare HEROES with RN behind their name quit.  

Now, we don't have enough nurses to cover all of our available ICU beds.  

• Sad 1

Interesting twist. Just took a leak. Couple drops of blood there at the end. No flank pain, but a slight twinge in the pee-tube.

Small kidney stone, or something worse?

I have a bad feeling this whole thing is gonna wind up in an ER visit, when me handing them a box of parts and telling them to put it back together. Any idea how "not cool man" a trip to the ER is for someone who has done nothing but emergency nursing and medicine?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, tadbart said:

Interesting twist. Just took a leak. Couple drops of blood there at the end. No flank pain, but a slight twinge in the pee-tube.

Small kidney stone, or something worse?

I have a bad feeling this whole thing is gonna wind up in an ER visit, when me handing them a box of parts and telling them to put it back together. Any idea how "not cool man" a trip to the ER is for someone who has done nothing but emergency nursing and medicine?

Damn.  The only thing in life that made me feel worse is radiation on and off for 2 years.  But, I didn't leak coolant out of my hose.

Prayers, buddy.

• Thanks 1