Police confiscate firearms of Korean War veteran, 84, after waitress mishears conversation

pipedreams

Good reason to be careful what you say in public even when you think no one is listening.

"A Korean War veteran who has served in some capacity with local law enforcement for a span of six decades had his firearms confiscated and was relieved of his duties as an elementary school crossing guard last month, after a waitress overheard what she perceived to be a "threat" in a passing conversation at a coffee shop.

Stephen Nichols, 84, of Tisbury, Massachusetts, was never charged with a crime, and was reinstated to his post at the crosswalk of Tisbury School on Tuesday following public outcry. But his guns are still to be sold. "

https://www.theblaze.com/news/police-confiscate-firearms-of-korean-war-veteran-84-after-waitress-mishears-conversation?utm_source=theblaze-dailyAM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__AM 2019-10-17&utm_term=TheBlaze Daily AM - last 270 days

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

Good reason to be careful what you say in public even when you think no one is listening.

"A Korean War veteran who has served in some capacity with local law enforcement for a span of six decades had his firearms confiscated and was relieved of his duties as an elementary school crossing guard last month, after a waitress overheard what she perceived to be a "threat" in a passing conversation at a coffee shop.

Stephen Nichols, 84, of Tisbury, Massachusetts, was never charged with a crime, and was reinstated to his post at the crosswalk of Tisbury School on Tuesday following public outcry. But his guns are still to be sold. "

https://www.theblaze.com/news/police-confiscate-firearms-of-korean-war-veteran-84-after-waitress-mishears-conversation?utm_source=theblaze-dailyAM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__AM 2019-10-17&utm_term=TheBlaze Daily AM - last 270 days

Another punishment by rumor and innuendo.  Thought control is alive and well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, tadbart said:

This will end poorly. Maybe not for this old Veteran, but one of these days, they're gonna pull this **** on someone who draws the line in the sand, and Uncle Sugar will attempt to cross that line.

Didn't that already happen in Maryland? I believe the guy there drew the line and the gestapo shot across the line to kill him at zero dark thirty in the morning.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/item/30567-law-abiding-gun-owner-killed-during-red-flag-confiscation-raid

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Mike said:

Didn't that already happen in Maryland? I believe the guy there drew the line and the gestapo shot across the line to kill him at zero dark thirty in the morning.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/item/30567-law-abiding-gun-owner-killed-during-red-flag-confiscation-raid

These red flag laws are used as a weapon, themselves, often times by vengeful or butthurt family members. Who among us couldn't imagine some disagreement with a family member winding up like this, if they got spiteful?

I recently had a Paramedic friend get baker acted after she served her Firefighter husband with divorce papers. He called his buds at the PD and stated that she said she was going to kill herself.  2 days in a mental health ward, guns taken while she was gone, CCW permit *poof* and she has to answer yes to one of the NO questions on the gun purchase form.

We've all heard of teenagers "Swatting" other teenagers, sometimes over something stupid like a video game.

My main concern with these type instances is that the law allows for an overstepping of Due Process, and we all know it is impossible to un-ring a bell. Like that man in Maryland, each individual must answer for themselves how they would react to such an overstepping.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

i cannot for the life of me understand how that is somehow not Slander or Libel to do that.at the very least filing a false Police Report should be charged at the worst its a violation of his 1st and 4th Amendment rights.

Same reason no charges were filed against the 911 caller that resulted in Tamir Rice being murdered by a psycho cop.  Giving misinformation to cops on accident is not a crime, but on purpose it is.  As far as slander and libel goes, I'm pretty sure those aren't crimes unless done to government officials that results in them being fired.  For normal civilians the only thing you can do for slander and libel is file a civil suit which is extremely easy to win.  There are people on the net who have become rich from making a career out of baiting people on the internet to slander them and then taking them to court,  I swear if I was a disgusting litigious person, I'd be a very rich man from all the slander I've had to endure in my 18 years on the net.  

Edited by Maser
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Maser said:

Same reason no charges were filed against the 911 caller that resulted in Tamir Rice being murdered by a psycho cop.  Giving misinformation to cops on accident is not a crime, but on purpose it is.  As far as slander and libel goes, I'm pretty sure those aren't crimes unless done to government officials that results in them being fired.  For normal civilians the only thing you can do for slander and libel is file a civil suit which is extremely easy to win.  There are people on the net who have become rich from making a career out of baiting people on the internet to slander them and then taking them to court,  I swear if I was a disgusting litigious person, I'd be a very rich man from all the slander I've had to endure in my 18 years on the net.  

you aint kidding lol ,  and most of mine is from a gun forum roflmao 

• Haha 3