Lucky passed away

Silentpoet

1 hour ago, Huaco Kid said:

I had an iguana.  Got him at Murphy Mart for $2 when he was 4" tip-to-tip.  I had him over 15 years, when we moved to Texas.  I moved out and Mom built him a 50'x50' outdoor cage.  He was over 7' by then and as big as a football, in the middle.

A veterinarian came one day to check her horses and he brought a 10 year old 'helper'.  The kid took a shine to the lizard (i don't think he ever had a name) and Mom gave it to him.  I heard it lived another five or seven years.

LOL! I love this story! I wish I coulda given Cuervo a 50x50 home! That's badass!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for your loss and hope you always have fond memories of your family member...

We currently have our first pet ever (10 year old doodle). When she passes, my thoughts are to cremate her and put her in her favorite places in our yard to be there watching out for and chasing the rabbits forever...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear your friend Lucky passed away.

If you have a back yard, dig a hole in the dark so nosey neighbors don't complain or if that is not an option call a vet and see what they charge for disposal. Most will charge a small fee for cremation, if you do not want that done they will dispose of him with the other dogs that pass at the vets office for even less money.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

My wife is going to neuter me when (not if) I come home with a new kitten.

But,  I won't go looking for it;  it'll find me.  It'll probably be scrawny and diseased and pitiful.

(Socks (his real name was Angel Chicken Socks (don't ask)  (T.S. Eliot) (aka: fatso, furwad, furball, jagoff, fatcat) was a barn cat that momma kicked out)

It's saving a life.  Life has value.  Kudos!

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Bish1309 said:

So sorry for your loss. 

Shedding a tear and it wasn't even my family member.

I'm weak, I know.

Compassion and empathy are not signs of weakness.  They are shared by the strongest among us.  These attributes are what determines the value of a person!

• Like 5

We had a gentle older Rooster named Lucky.  We got him from the owner as our first Roo, and the kids loved him, he was very gentle.  The previous owners called him Lucky, because he had missed the chopping block twice, and other roosters that fought him lost.  I was made to promise never to harm him. I kept my word. Unfortunately, last year, some twisted person, jumped the fence and took him out of his pen when he was his girls, and gutted him like a sacrifice and left the carcass in the middle out of the yard to find him in the yard, plucked chest and gutted.  Not the work of an animal as the pen door was closed back again, and no tearing like animal would do..  Needless to say the children were upset, and I was pissed to loose a good roo, and have him splayed out like a sacrifice in the backyard right around Saturnalia/Christmas/Hanukah.  Just the way it was done it looked like a goyim messing with us.  They weren't done there, they started stealing livestock.  I laid up for them one night, but my wife blasted on the lights where I was and wanted to know if I wanted something to eat.  She blew my cover, but one night I got a partial on a plate, I am waiting to see that partial again.  F-150 Super tu-tone cowboy limousine soon.  I see the partial plate I am going to follow it to see where it lives.  Then I will have full LP and address.  

Maybe too late for a criminal complaint, but I know who, what, when, and where should there be a repeat.  You can get a report filled out, but like the times I had my truck vandalized back in Albuquerque, there is not going to be a huge investigation of the livestock theft.  A report, and it ends up in a cold case, who cares file.  When you have a quadruple homicide this year, and about 1,000 DUI's, Methane and Weed distribution arrests, there is no time for who sacrificed your kid's Roo, like an old school sacrifice, sending you a message, that you are not welcome, even though you have been living in the same place for 12 years.  A burning lower letter "t" is too obvious anymore.  I don't know why they hate the lower letter "t", but I have more of an issues with "X" and "Y" because they are only part time vowels.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm so sorry for all of you who have gone through this. At my age I've experienced it again and again. It's heartbreaking. If there is an heaven and I'm eligible, if my dogs aren't there I have no interest.

Think it might have been Will Rogers who said “If there are no dogs in Heaven I want to go where they go.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The line in this song, "you're the only life this empty room has ever had" really fits.  I mean I am doing better.  yesterday I took the afternoon off of work and took a nap.  But It still has moments of hurt and pain and loss.  I know this life is only temporary and any suffering is not for long.  I have faith, but I still have pain.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

The line in this song, "you're the only life this empty room has ever had" really fits.  I mean I am doing better.  yesterday I took the afternoon off of work and took a nap.  But It still has moments of hurt and pain and loss.  I know this life is only temporary and any suffering is not for long.  I have faith, but I still have pain.

When you lose a loved one it is only proper that you feel the loss and remorse.  This is due to the love we give them.  Losing a critter to me is almost like losing a child.  They are ours to raise and praise, to comfort and love.  If you didn't feel bad at your loss, you wouldn't be the loving companion they needed.

Grieve at the loss, it's only human.  Find another, not to replace them, but to continue the blessing we are given at knowing a critter that only wanted to please you.  It's OK.  Next to the love of family it's almost as good.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Friday I picked up Lucky's ashes.  I talked to the vet.  She said he had cancer everywhere.  Even in his heart.  It wasn't like there was one tumor they could have operated on.  She said she hadn't really seen anything like it.  So there wasn't really anything we could have done.  What got him was a blood clot in the spleen.  What I am thankful for is that most of the treatments helped reduce his pain and gave him some quality of life in his last days and weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

7 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

Friday I picked up Lucky's ashes.  I talked to the vet.  She said he had cancer everywhere.  Even in his heart.  It wasn't like there was one tumor they could have operated on.  She said she hadn't really seen anything like it.  So there wasn't really anything we could have done.  What got him was a blood clot in the spleen.  What I am thankful for is that most of the treatments helped reduce his pain and gave him some quality of life in his last days and weeks. 

I'm going to have to go cuddle my little baby. Thinking of you Silentpoet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I have put some thought into keeping his ashes in my car since he loved going for rides.I am not sure I am going to do that.  The vet's office did the cremation free of charge and his ashes are in a nice small wooden box. I wasn't really paying attention to it, I was trying to be strong, when I got in my car I saw the little brass tag on the side that said Lucky 2007-2019 I about lost it.  They also gave me a card, which I don't yet have the strength or distance to read.  I am slowly adapting to this new state of life.  I still look around at bedtime some because I used to check to see where he was at before I laid down.  I am doing better, but there are still hard moments.  We donated his medicine to the vet office for others to use if they don't have the money.  I gave a box of puppy milk I had bought for him to the local Humane Society shelter and they were thankful.  A friend of outs has a dog with a sensetive stomach so we gave her the food and most of the treats. 

"The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away;
    may the name of the Lord be praised.”

Lucky came into my life when I very much needed a friend and companion.  He is deeply missed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

I have put some thought into keeping his ashes in my car since he loved going for rides.I am not sure I am going to do that.  The vet's office did the cremation free of charge and his ashes are in a nice small wooden box. I wasn't really paying attention to it, I was trying to be strong, when I got in my car I saw the little brass tag on the side that said Lucky 2007-2019 I about lost it.  They also gave me a card, which I don't yet have the strength or distance to read.  I am slowly adapting to this new state of life.  I still look around at bedtime some because I used to check to see where he was at before I laid down.  I am doing better, but there are still hard moments.  We donated his medicine to the vet office for others to use if they don't have the money.  I gave a box of puppy milk I had bought for him to the local Humane Society shelter and they were thankful.  A friend of outs has a dog with a sensetive stomach so we gave her the food and most of the treats. 

"The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away;
    may the name of the Lord be praised.”

Lucky came into my life when I very much needed a friend and companion.  He is deeply missed. 

Nothing says you are less of a man to grieve the passing of a loved one.  It's simply an expression of their worth to us.

I'm expecting to cry like a baby when my friend of 19 years passes.

• Like 4

I still see the cat out of the corner of my eye,  all over the house and yard.  I always turn my head to look.

I went into the hotel the Monday after he died.  I instinctively went into the breakfast room and grabbed a handful of the coffee creamers.  But I don't use the creamers, I only got them for the cat.

Remembering is sad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

I still see the cat out of the corner of my eye,  all over the house and yard.  I always turn my head to look.

I went into the hotel the Monday after he died.  I instinctively went into the breakfast room and grabbed a handful of the coffee creamers.  But I don't use the creamers, I only got them for the cat.

Remembering is sad.

Memories make our loved ones immortal.

• Like 2