Seriously?

Hannie Caulder

2 hours ago, Brown Hawk said:

You have no problem with an ad that attacks all men for “toxic masculinity”, then you wonder why a woman objects to an example of it in someone she knows.  

Hawk

I don't see anything toxic in it. If you don't want to "Dump 'em out" then don't.

2 hours ago, Eric said:

What line should I walk? People bitch if I run a strict site. People bitch if I loosen the reins.

The looser the reins, the more fun we can have!

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

Run your site

youre doing a great job, screw em.

Agreed 100%.  

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

Hannie hasn’t trolled anything harmful or political bull****.

unlike some

Now who would do a thing like that?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric said:

I assure you, it gets so much more complicated than that. I'm not a fan of Hannie's incessant attention-seeking posts, but I don't ban people because they annoy me. What I would love to see is for people to simply ignore the occasional irritants that pop up, but I know how naive that is. Our nation's society has changed in the last twenty years and it has made running a site like this increasingly frustrating and difficult. I grew up listening to old people talking about the good old days. Maybe those days were better. They certainly were better before this casual indifference, rudeness and sense of entitlement began to pervade our culture. I fear for this nation's future.

I just use the ignore function. If it gets "unbearable" (folks, it's a friggin' web site FFS) I just move on. The forum functions fine for us selectives', speaking for myself, obviously.

Edited by Bish1309
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jack Ryan said:

I don't see anything toxic in it. If you don't want to "Dump 'em out" then don't.

You need to go back and read the toxic feminist definition of toxic masculinity.  By that definition, anything normal male is toxic.  Including breathing.

Hawk 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jack Ryan said:

I don't want to add any more insults and personal attacks into this thread, so I will just state that I don't think it is possible for a person to not see how having a sticker that is asking for women to show their tits is not misogynistic, in poor taste, low class, and a perfect example of the worst in male/female interactions.

I mean, seriously?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eric said:

What line should I walk? People bitch if I run a strict site. People bitch if I loosen the reins.

The people that bitch are usually the ones that show up in threads and start the personal attacks and rude interactions, though.  They are the cancer of the internet.

A few have migrated here from TOS and their usual behavior is already having an effect with their toxic posting.  They turn threads with any personal sharing into opportunities for internet bullying and personal attacks.

But I agree that it's very, very difficult.  You don't want to start banning everyone that says the occasional rude thing because something rubbed them the wrong way, or anyone who espouses moderate or leftist views, but is able to discuss those views in a respectful way (the Iowans).

Just my thoughts.  But I readily admit I am a bit too sensitive to personal attacks on forums.  You may have noticed... 

8 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

It's actually pretty tame (and lame).

I rode Harleys for thirty years.

I'm lucky I got away without getting it tattooed somewhere.

I think that is due to living and experiencing different environments.  I grew up in freaking Mayberry.  I grew up in church.  I have been around the world in the military and lived all over the US.

I was raised with traditional American values; you know the ones the leftists hate that espouse respect for others, honor, and love of country.

My world is gone.  And I see both conservatives and liberals attacking the values that made America great.  This country will never be great again until it heals it's soul.  And advocating or excusing putting booby stickers on vehicles is not going to do it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eric said:

I assure you, it gets so much more complicated than that. I'm not a fan of Hannie's incessant attention-seeking posts, but I don't ban people because they annoy me. What I would love to see is for people to simply ignore the occasional irritants that pop up, but I know how naive that is. Our nation's society has changed in the last twenty years and it has made running a site like this increasingly frustrating and difficult. I grew up listening to old people talking about the good old days. Maybe those days were better. They certainly were better before this casual indifference, rudeness and sense of entitlement began to pervade our culture. I fear for this nation's future.

No one told you it was going to be fun though did they Eric.  Do the best you can and let the chips fall as they may.  I would never try to suggest how you run your business but you have always had a tendency to sweat the small **** way too much.    

1 hour ago, PNWguy said:

I don't want to add any more insults and personal attacks into this thread, so I will just state that I don't think it is possible for a person to not see how having a sticker that is asking for women to show their tits is not misogynistic, in poor taste, low class, and a perfect example of the worst in male/female interactions.

I mean, seriously?

I don't think it's necessarily misogynistic, or anywhere near the worst in male-female interactions.  But yeah, it is definitely in poor taste and low class.  Pretty much belongs with truck nutz.  

• Like 4

Men have been staring at boobs since there have been boobs. This isn’t going to change.

Reminds me of dancing with a lovely young lady in a NYC bar. I’m sure she had eyes but my attention was elsewhere. She asked me if I liked what I saw and I responded that I thought so but it would take a closer look to be sure. Later that night she allowed me to verify my initial impression.

• Like 2

• Eric locked this topic