Oh crap! A woman's coming over...

PNWguy

House cleanliness.  

41 members have voted

1. 1. How clean is your house normally?

• Usually spotless; I can entertain guests at the drop of a hat.
    • I can get things picked up and presentable in a few minutes.
    • It needs a good deep cleaning before I'd even think of having guests over.
    • My house is so bad, it looks like homeless people have been squatting here.

There really is nothing that makes you realize just how dirty your house is than to have an unexpected guest.

Was texting with a woman I've been interested in tonight and the flirting escalated to where we made plans for dinner, then movies and champagne at my place New Year's Eve.  I end my 12hr shifts Sunday morning at 0600 so have Sunday afternoon and Monday to get the house clean.  Guest bedroom is newly remodeled and good to go. 

Now, my place isn't Von Hayes level of nastiness, but it has been neglected this holiday season.  Lots of Amazon boxes, wrapping paper, gunsmithing tools, and general clutter all over.  I was just looking at the living room furniture last week and decided that I needed a new couch and recliner before entertaining.  No time for that before Monday, so will be getting covers.  Probably a good solid four or five hours of scrubbing, dusting, and cleaning to get it presentable.

Being a bachelor, it is easy to let things go.  I was planning on spending New Year's Eve at the cabin alone, but spending it with a beautiful woman won't be too bad, I guess...

Will have to try and attach a poll to get some Hannie Caulder nosiness going...

Edited by PNWguy

Clutter is different than dirty. Make sure the bathroom is a ok, light a nice candle turn on tunes and order a pizza. If that isn’t enough, screw them. Wife has weird standards, we have a cleaning crew and for her stuff she has my son using a qtip on the baseboards. Waste of time...

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Moeman said:

Clutter is different than dirty. Make sure the bathroom is a ok, light a nice candle turn on tunes and order a pizza. If that isn’t enough, screw them. Wife has weird standards, we have a cleaning crew and for her stuff she has my son using a qtip on the baseboards. Waste of time...

This ^^^. I can deal with a bit of clutter but not filth. At my house you won’t find dirty dishes in the sink (or dishwasher even), dirty clothes on the floor, or dirt on wood floors or carpets. You may well find some books, paperwork, etc laying around. 

• Like 1

I'm somewhat an OCD ridden perfectionist, so there's that. Can't even leave town for a few days without making sure that EVERYTHING was cleaned, including hand-washing the vehicles, mowing the grass and having the laundry all done. Love coming back to a clean home.

That sent a wrong message in several relationships, up to the point that I was usually the one cleaning the house. That ain't gonna happen again.

PS: good look with your date!

Edited by crockett
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, crockett said:

I'm somewhat an OCD ridden perfectionist, so there's that. Can't even leave town for a few days without making sure that EVERYTHING was cleaned, including hand-washing the vehicles, mowing the grass and having the laundry all done. Love coming back to a clean home.

That sent a wrong message in several relationships, up to the point that I was usually the one cleaning the house. That ain't gonna happen again.

PS: good look with your date!

We are both into having a clean, beautiful living space, but hand washing the vehicles before a trip?  That's over the top.

ETA:

1*8xraf6eyaXh-myNXOXkqLA.jpeg.a206565dd14dfb8640e3192158a99f26.jpeg

Edited by Al Czervik
  • Like 1

I never worried about cleaning when I was single. I wasn't a slob but I wasn't perfect either. (I can't stand a dirty bathroom.) Women like to feel needed and will usually take it upon themselves to clean you place for you. Just invite her over, and let the cards fall where they may. Amazon boxes and schtuff during the holidays is kind of normal. When she comes in just say; excuse the mess - I live here. :)

P.S. Make sure your sheets are clean just in case you get lucky.  ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another vote for "Gimme an hour to get things right."

No grime, no vermin. But there's a gun magazine and a pair of socks on the floor, and some folded stuff that needs to be put in the dresser. Computer desk is a bit cluttered.

Also, take off the current toilet paper roll and put it away somewhere. Put a new roll on the back of the toilet. She'll put it on the roller when she hits the john. If she puts it on to roll from underneath, boot her out- you don't need that kinda freak in your life.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, tadbart said:

Another vote for "Gimme an hour to get things right."

No grime, no vermin. But there's a gun magazine and a pair of socks on the floor, and some folded stuff that needs to be put in the dresser. Computer desk is a bit cluttered.

Also, take off the current toilet paper roll and put it away somewhere. Put a new roll on the back of the toilet. She'll put it on the roller when she hits the john. If she puts it on to roll from underneath, boot her out- you don't need that kinda freak in your life.

Amen to that brother!!  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Al Czervik said:

We are both into having a clean, beautiful living space, but hand washing the vehicles before a trip?  That's over the top.

ETA:

1*8xraf6eyaXh-myNXOXkqLA.jpeg.a206565dd14dfb8640e3192158a99f26.jpeg

But wait, it gets even better! I have a limo driver that picks me up for the 1 hour ride to the airport, every single time. I won't have any vehicle parked at the airport for any amount of time. It could get scratched up, or dirty!

:miff:

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, crockett said:

But wait, it gets even better! I have a limo driver that picks me up for the 1 hour ride to the airport, every single time. I won't have any vehicle parked at the airport for any amount of time. It could get scratched up, or dirty!

:miff:

If you're talking about your new truck before it was two weeks old then I kind of understand. After a couple weeks "environmental break-in" - don't make no never mind.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DrB said:

I just cleaned this today.  Looks pretty good to me..  Wadda you want???

When I was a kid, my mother left home and my dad chewed "Horseshoe" brand plug Tobacco.  He had good teeth but stained.  I attribute the good teeth to how hard it was for him had to bite of a chunk of "chew".  The above post was a close approximation.  We refused to use our bathroom and used the one upstairs. 

He spit out of the car window.  It took small strips of the enamel paint finish off the car (46 Chrysler).  He used to tell me what a "Dirty Habit" Cigarettes were, but I never totaled a bathroom or stripped the paint from car while smoking.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, MikeG36 said:

P.S. Make sure your sheets are clean just in case you get lucky.  ;)

I know it seems weird, but I really, really hope things don't go that far.  The last couple of girlfriends I've had, things went intimate on the first or second date, before the relationship could develop properly. 

I really want to find a woman I can respect and develop a deep relationship with before things get sexual.  This one is a rarity around here; 40, no kids, loves kids, but is fine with her nieces and nephews, conservative, tries to go to church, great family(spent time on Christmas Day with her and them), no baggage, no crazy ex-husband (he lives in California), has worked at the same company for over ten years, and is funny and laid back.  I've known her for about three years.

She is a native Californian though...  Her dad illegally immigrated here from Mexico in the 70's and married a white girl.  They are both lovely people and conservative Christians.

We'll see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Citra47 said:

If you're talking about your new truck before it was two weeks old then I kind of understand. After a couple weeks "environmental break-in" - don't make no never mind.

I had 2 GMC Denali diesel trucks, a 2011 for over 4 years. There was not one scratch anywhere, no wear either, like new condition. Sold it way over average price to somebody who wanted that exact model year for tuning purposes, in best possible condition. Got $49k for a 4.5 year old truck. Babying your stuff does pay off.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

Does she already have the lotion on?

Or do we have to do that hole thing all over again?

jeez.

Why does that keep happening?

Why does the does the "we" and "hole" thing keep happening?  Hmmm.

In this case, it, to the lay person, appears to connote more that the usual two involved in these sort of things.  It sounds like only you can answer that question.  

And, FYI, if you area a newbie to this sort of stuff, the lotion is only applied at hotels, inns, and other people's houses.