Just when you thought humans can't be more stupid

Paul53

4 hours ago, Gun Shark said:

Not to turn this into a religious debate as I’m one of the farthest people from religious believes, but how do we know God wasn’t the reason the Bible saved his skin the first time when it stopped the arrow?

How many times do you get to make God save you.  Maybe they pushed him too much.

Remember the old joke.  "God where were you when I went down for the third time"?  He said, "I saved your twice already, I thought you must really want this, so I granted your wish!".

• Like 1

23 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

You know how the Navy decided the term "Commodore" was somehow demeaning and didn't want to use it anymore, so they changed to "Rear Admiral, Lower Half"? Maybe it's time to adopt a "Humanity, Lower Half".

Rear Admiral, lower half is equivalent to Brig General.  Commodore is used for a captain by rank who is on board, but not the Captain of the ship, even if the Captain is a mere ensign.  

Rear Admirals all used to get two stars, which used to really piss off Marine and Army Brigadier Generals who wound up saluting officers who were their juniors in rank.  ??

Hawk

• Like 2

On 11/24/2018 at 3:37 PM, Paul53 said:

https://thereisnews.com/birth-black-child-blames-coffe/?tin=

Every time I think I've met the most estupido person in the human race, somebody comes along and proves me wrong!

I have never thought that.  I know that the universe and human stupidity are boundless.

Though I'm not 100% sure about the universe.

(Ripped off a quote attributed to Einstein.)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Paul53 said:

You want a tat in Chinese? A profound message? I can do that!

ink.jpg

I knew a girl that had the 7 army values in chinese symbols tattooed on her shoulder, characters were about 2 inches tall.  She was fond of showing it off, always wearing sleeveless tops.

We walked into a gas station one night, the clerk behind the counter was Asian.  He glanced at her shoulder, said "oh, Squirrel Rising!, nice tattoo."

She started freaking out that that's not what it said.  After a few seconds of that he told her "I have no idea what it says, I can't read that s#!t"

It was very amusing from a spectator's perspective.

• Haha 3

I'd planned to have the unmistakable outline of defibrillator paddles done on my chest. Well, progress being what it is, they're moving away from them for defib. Simply put, the paddles were direct current. they've switched to Alternating Current. Now the current is low enough that they don't need the big honking paddles. I shed a tear over the change. It was kinda savage humor to yell "CLEAR" and promptly shock the pt. Anybody still touching any part of the stretcher or within about 1/4 inch of same would get bit (shocked) and jump. Really savage and unprofessional, but funny as hell.

Edited by Paul53
  • Like 1