Who does the cooking in your home?

elsolo

Who does the cooking?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who does the cooking?

• You
    • Your partner
    • Equally shared

Had a discussion about this tonight with the wifey.  It was determined she hasn't cooked anything for my consumption in about six years, that timeframe determined by that one time my mother visited.

I cook meals for both of us a couple times a week.  She cooks meals only for herself a few times a week. (She gets home from work an hour earlier than I do)

So who cooks in your household, you, your partner, some equitable share of that labor?

Mostly Ms. gamboolgal, AKA as Boxinggirl does the cooking....over here in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.....

But when we get back to Gods Country, i.e., Texas for vacation.....it's time for some meat burned by Dad......Gumbo's in a 3 gallon pot, Chilli that will get your attention, Ribeyes, and hamburgers.....etc

but for 10 months per year it is Ms. gamboolgal....she is a helluva good cook....

10 hours ago, elsolo said:

"She cooks meals only for herself a few times a week. (She gets home from work an hour earlier than I do)"

How do you cook meals 'only for yourself'? Don't you guys eat the same things?

It's just me here but I still seem to cook like my (ex) husband and two (now grown) kids are still in the house. 

Edited by Zonny

I cook on most weekdays.  Some nights, when my wife works from home she'll cook.

If my wife wants one of several dishes, she cooks (because I deliberately don't want to learn how to make them, mostly because I don't want to eat them).  So, when my wife wants breaded chicken or any of her special baked vegetables, I let her cook.

Pretty much everything else is on me. 

7 hours ago, KBKEITH said:

I do all of the cooking in my house. I enjoy doing it and the wife appreciates that I put forth the effort. 

She appreciates it because she does all the housecleaning, window washing, yard work and vehicle maintenance and care.  Right? :whistling:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zonny said:

How do you cook meals 'only for yourself'? Don't you guys eat the same things?

It's just me here but I still seem to cook like my (ex) husband and two (now grown) kids are still in the house. 

She gets home from work 1-2 hours before I do, she cooks enough just for herself. Last night I asked what she made, and where is the rest of it.  I get told that I wouldn't like it, so none for me.

Edited by elsolo

I do whatever is done here with the Foreman and microwave.   At least five states and Guam prohibit me from touching a stove.  I  think Guam piggybacked on one of the state court orders because I do not recall even being there, let alone making the 911 call.

• Haha 2

My wife is a good cook but doesn't really enjoy it. Oldest of 8 kids. She had to do a lot of the cooking growing up. She took a lot of crap from everyone about it too. She was just a kid herself but cooking and cleaning for a bunch of ingrates. 

I like to cook so I do almost all of it. Even went to culinary school. 

My wife loves to cook, and I do not. 

14 hours ago, Foxterriermom said:

It's just me so if I don't cook, i don't eat.  Wait.  Is rolling up roasted chicken and a slice of pepperjack cheese in a tortilla considered cooking (question mark)

By my standards, yes it does.