• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

Superman Criticized As Unrealistic For Portraying A Journalist As Heroic
U.S.—Comic book character Superman has increasingly come under fire lately, many seeing the character as extremely outdated -- especially the bizarre depiction of his being a journalist who is heroic.

“He just makes very little sense,” explained reporter Phillip Byers. “For instance, Superman has super speed. Now I know what I’d use that for -- to quickly search through people’s old tweets for material to use to destroy them. But Superman uses it to rescue people from burning buildings. It’s crazy.”

People have also criticized how Superman flies around listening with his super-hearing -- not to find people criticizing journalism so he can dox them as one would expect, but instead to find people in trouble and save them. “Truth. Justice. The American way. That’s against everything journalism stands for,” said writer Debbie Ventura. “The character is pure libel or slander -- I forget which.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Superman Criticized As Unrealistic For Portraying A Journalist As Heroic
U.S.—Comic book character Superman has increasingly come under fire lately, many seeing the character as extremely outdated -- especially the bizarre depiction of his being a journalist who is heroic.

“He just makes very little sense,” explained reporter Phillip Byers. “For instance, Superman has super speed. Now I know what I’d use that for -- to quickly search through people’s old tweets for material to use to destroy them. But Superman uses it to rescue people from burning buildings. It’s crazy.”

People have also criticized how Superman flies around listening with his super-hearing -- not to find people criticizing journalism so he can dox them as one would expect, but instead to find people in trouble and save them. “Truth. Justice. The American way. That’s against everything journalism stands for,” said writer Debbie Ventura. “The character is pure libel or slander -- I forget which.”

Well said!  Confession is good for the soul.  Pee on 'em.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pipedreams said:

image.png.68a3b5408142adf30a48e2075bd2a0ac.png

I wouldn't want to be in front of the blade of a grader even with flex glue.  It wouldn't make any difference.

Incidentally, I used to wonder who bought all that late night stuff, and then I found out it was my neighbor.  If it was advertised late at night or the word "Atomic" was used in it's description, he bought one. 

Edited by janice6
  • Haha 2