Random Political/Social Posting

Eric

16 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Actually men can get breast cancer as well as Postate cancer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, happy days then. Lucky me, Tomorrow's another day and another opportunity.

Could be worse.... could be Apostrophe cancer.

• Haha 1

• Replies 112.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

17 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

From an emailed newsletter...

9c4edcf5f2fbbc262f1376bf504c9713.jpg

Think many guns used in murders and/or drive by shootings will be swapped for $100 gift cards no questions asked no ID needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think not.

I knew a guy that told me a story one time about how he spent his weekends in the Navy.  Thinking he made up most, if not all of it, but it was mildly entertaining at the time he told it.

He wasn't exactly the smartest guy to begin with though, so parts might even be true.

He'd go out walking late at night in the bad parts of town, pretty much hoping some junkie or lowlife would try to stick him up so he could rob them.  He'd take whatever weapon they were trying to use, and take it to an "amnesty box" at the police station.  Then he'd step inside and get some coffee.

Turns out the "amnesty box" isn't quite as, shall we say, "all is forgiven" as it's made to sound.  He ended up getting to talk to some federal type investigators when his fingerprints showed up on too many of the weapons being turned in.

He did say that most of the muggers were looking for an easy mark, so that's the image he presented and turn it around on them, and they tended to fold like a cheap deck of cards when the victim presented a backbone.  One night he met one that had a desperate look, and willingly handed over everything he had of value.  

Probably loses a little bit in retelling, considering I originally heard the story nearly half my lifetime ago, but at least my rambling recollection is roughly relatable to the prior posting.

• Like 1

Biden is seeking to deflect criticism of his past activities in Ukraine that may have benefited his son.

Former Vice President Joe Biden denied Monday that his son Hunter Biden asked him for a favor in Ukraine while serving on the energy board of a Ukrainian energy company.

“We never once discussed it when he was there,” Biden told the Associated Press. “There’s not a single bit of evidence that’s been shown in any reporting that’s been done that he ever talked about it with me or asked any government official for a favor.”

When he was vice president, Joe Biden threatened to withhold $1 billion in loan guarantees for Ukraine if officials did not fire the country’s top prosecutor, who was pursuing a corruption investigation of an energy company while his son Hunter was serving on the board ... Hunter Biden was paid as much as $50,000 per month while serving on the board, as his father led the Obama administration’s policy with Ukraine.

There's more at the link.  Bold, underlined text is my emphasis.

Y'know, if I challenge someone about an ethical or moral issue, and they come right back with "Well, you have no evidence!" . . . I pretty much know they're lying, right there.  They're not so much denying it as telling me I can't prove it.  As for discussing it "when he was there", that didn't stop them discussing it when his son was here in the USA, did it?  He was flying back and forth frequently.  It wouldn't have been necessary to discuss it "there".

Evasions.  Weasel words

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1