State Troopers. Yours and Mine

I had the most contact with MN HP when I was in school.  I would get a "bug" and start hitchhiking around the state on non-school days.  I would at some time, invariably be picked up by MN HP.  they would ask where I was going, give me a lecture on staying safe, and drop me off as close to where I wanted as they could.  Every single one was professional and courteous and made me proud to be a Minnesotan. 

Later in life, I had very little contact, but when I did they made me proud, just like in the past.  I can't say I ever had a bad interaction with a police officer anywhere, including locals.  They were all polite to me and professional, anywhere in the country.  Now you know how I came about my bias.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, crockett said:

You don't want to **** with FHP! We pit your ass on the highway in heavy traffic right into the wall. Without any damages to bystanders!

HA HA! and he was out driven by a girl!!!!!!!  

KUDOS to the Officer!!

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Just once I'd like to see Troopers or a Police Dept. choose my motto. "Don't screw around, we'll punch you in the junk."

We got that covered as well. Including K9 biting K9 and a proper junk punchin justice right there on the spot.

At 7:24

44 minutes ago, Zonny said:

I've never seen one of these vehicles.

I used to work in Phoenix and live in Prescott Valley and commuted up the 17 every day.  150 miles a day.  I've seen just about every kind of local, state, and federal vehicle in Arizona.

The coolest ones were a group of three blacked out Suburbans with hidden strobes going by in the fast lane at well over 80mph, headed North on I-17.  Instead of license plates, they had polished stainless steel plates with some sort of raised rectangle in the middle that looked like it was a solar cell or something.

Weirdest thing I've ever seen going by...

On 9/3/2018 at 9:39 AM, Hauptmann6 said:

Our road pirates are cooler than your road pirates.

And they have tested just about every vehicle possible over the years before anyone else.

charger_on_xway_602764_7.jpg

Michigan State Police 100th Annivesary Patrol Car.JPG

Value-Statement-photo-sm_409305_7.jpg

1992FordMustang_01_700.jpg

1991_Chevy_Camaro_Michigan_State_Police_car_(3).jpg

Michigan State Police spend about 50% of their time helping people, actual good work. Stranded motorists, change tires for folks, all sorts of stuff. More than 1/2 the time I saw MSP Officers, they were helping people.

I've lived in Virginia 6 or 7 years now. I've never seen a VSP Officer doing anything other than writing a ticket, or waiting to write a ticket.

Be warned; Virginia is the worst place in the country to speed. Just visit some other state, this place is a ****-hole through and through.

Edited by M&P15T
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, M&P15T said:

Michigan State Police spend about 50% of their time helping people, actual good work. Stranded motorists, change tires for folks, all sorts of stuff. More than 1/2 the time I saw MSP Officers, they were helping people.

I've lived in Virginia 6 or 7 years now. I've never seen a VSP Officer doing anything other than writing a ticket, or waiting to write a ticket.

Be warned; Virginia is the worst place in the country to speed. Just visit some other state, this place is a ****-hole through and through.

I am in SE MI and can honestly say you are dead wrong. In this area they are all about generating revenue, that is all they do. We sat and watched an old lady wait with a flat tire for 45 minutes while the road pirate ticketed 5 people and didn't even get behind the tow truck to deflect traffic once it arrived to change her tire.

Do you know why MI has handgun registration?

Do you know why you can not have tinted windows on your car in MI?

The answer is the MSP?

If you get bored look into the lawsuits Michigan Open Carry has filed against the MSP, that is kind of funny for those claiming the MSP are good people.

11 hours ago, Mike said:

I am in SE MI and can honestly say you are dead wrong. In this area they are all about generating revenue, that is all they do. We sat and watched an old lady wait with a flat tire for 45 minutes while the road pirate ticketed 5 people and didn't even get behind the tow truck to deflect traffic once it arrived to change her tire.

Do you know why MI has handgun registration?

Do you know why you can not have tinted windows on your car in MI?

The answer is the MSP?

If you get bored look into the lawsuits Michigan Open Carry has filed against the MSP, that is kind of funny for those claiming the MSP are good people.

My last time in Michigan was 7 years ago....you? I thought Michigan had stopped registering handguns a few years back now.

Edited by M&P15T

12 hours ago, M&P15T said:

My last time in Michigan was 7 years ago....you? I thought Michigan had stopped registering handguns a few years back now.

No Sir.

Every time a bill gets put in the MSP screw it up. The state relaxed the registration rules a few years ago to where you can now just drop off or mail paper work in, but its still registration.

MSP pays a couple troopers to be lobbyist in Lansing, which is why everything here is so screwed up. Everybody knows that anything gun related, if the MSP isn't neutral it won't happen.