State Troopers. Yours and Mine

Just now, PNWguy said:

Washington State Patrol uses a lot of unmarked cars.  Heard rumors of a 440 six-pack Roadrunner back in the 80's being used.

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

Lots of those. AST used to have a corvette they’d gotten in a drug bust they used for traffic enforcement. 

Seen a lot of cars headed towards his area of the woods pulled over in the summer by a vette. 

• Like 2

I've never been ticketed or arrested by a state trooper.  But, I have been "rousted" by them many, many times.  (when they ask if they can search your car, just give them a pleasant, "No thanks."  They like that.  (They once even called for the dogs!))

That being said, they were always 100% professional and ultra-serious.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

I've never been ticketed or arrested by a state trooper.  But, I have been "rousted" by them many, many times.  (when they ask if they can search your car, just give them a pleasant, "No thanks."  They like that.  (They once even called for the dogs!))

That being said, they were always 100% professional and ultra-serious.

I was going to post that I've never been ticketed by a Trooper either, but then I remembered that my first ticket after getting out of the military was given by an Idaho state trooper in `92. 

I had just bought a brand new `92 Toyota pickup and put larger tires on it and was on my way to a ski lodge when a trooper pulled me over and ticketed me for going 62mph in a 55 zone.  He acknowledged that the larger tires probably threw off my speedometer reading, but said that wasn't his problem.

I've known a few Idaho state troopers over the years and all but two were dicks.  One guy, he was a county deputy and worked with my brother.  We hung out at his place and partied together.  Then he became a state trooper and became a dick.