To Our Friends Who Have Passed

Eric

• Administrators

I was just sitting here looking at the new site and I got to thinking about conversations I had with Sharon, about starting a new site. I asked her more than once to come and be an admin on the new site, when I got it built. GT is the poorer for having lost her, but TBS never felt her presence. That makes me very sad.

Why don't use this thread to post the names and memories of our online friends who have passed, that will never get an opportunity to kick the tires on the new site.

You are sorely missed, Sharon. I wish you were here.:sharon::sharon::sharon::sharon::sharon:

• Like 17

CJ.

He invited me into The Outpost where I got to meet some of the truly good people of GT and made friends.

GT was my first board to join and I feel truly blessed for all those I have met along the way.

i didn't know him long, but I will never forget him. I will now have another shot of good scotch in his honor. :cheers:

Edited by G30SF/F-250
  • Like 10

• Administrators

Who remembers John Carney? He was a GT member with a CCW that ended up in the middle of a stickup at a liquor store. He drew his firearm on the bad guy and was killed by one of the scumbag's partners, lying doggo in the crowd.

• Like 3

CJ.

He invited me into The Outpost where I got to meet the truly good people of GT and made friends.

GT was my first board to join and I feel truly blessed for all those I have met along the way.

i didn't know him long, but I will never forget him. I will now have another shot of good scotch in his honor. :cheers:

I'll never forget my invite as well. Nor will I forget private messaging back and forth with him about me cursing in the OP( cursing in public was somewhat out of character for me then, and he was making me curse). It's been a long ass time, so forget what I said, but I did it.

• Like 2

I'll never forget my invite as well. Nor will I forget private messaging back and forth with him about me cursing in the OP( cursing in public was somewhat out of character for me then, and he was making me curse). It's been a long ass time, so forget what I said, but I did it.

Once I was cutting up with another OP member out in gen pop and was pushing the limits of the rules and CJ called us out like a couple pups and told us to behave.

We immediately straightened up.

Standup guy from what I saw. :cheers:

• Like 5

• Administrators
CJ.

He invited me into The Outpost where I got to meet some of the truly good people of GT and made friends.

I got to know him in real life not long before he passed. He was quite the character.

• Like 5

• Administrators

Who remembers DakotaLawDog? He was a fixture around GT, in its younger days. He was the first moderator in the Political Issues forum, on GT. He passed away a long time ago.

• Like 4

Many might not know him but a real good guy was Java Junky!

I knew him from another car (s2000.com)

board and ran into him at GT! That board died with him!

Maybe some will remember him. He wrote in Javanese, which was phonetics but once you got the hang of it, he made a lot of sense.

i sure miss talking with him!

RIP......JJ!

Edited by Doc McGlock
  • Like 1

• Eric unpinned this topic