To Our Friends Who Have Passed

Eric

I was a long time lurker on GT before I ever posted. I never spoke to or interacted with Sharon, but I immediately saw what a good person she was. I followed her course out to Mayo, but never guessed in my wildest dreams what was to come. She posted she was on her way home... then GKL posted that she was gone. I felt like I got kicked in the chest, and my breath was gone - I was just stunned. Funny how she made an impact on so many people, even complete strangers - just goes to show you what kind of person she was. What a legacy she made. VR and his kids were very blessed as were we all having known her, even if just online.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Samurairabbi. I met him, I believe, at Eagle Creek range at my first GSSF match back in the late 90's. One of only two members I have met as far as I know.

He seemed quite a gentleman and I suspect a bit of a character.

• Like 4

You gotta wonder how many folks have passed that we don't know about.

I'd like to make a toast... To the unknowns :beer:

I've always wondered about Schlid. He had some health issues then quit posting. Slewefoot is another. He started the epic have you seen anything strange in the woods thread on GT.

• Like 1

I was a long time lurker on GT before I ever posted. I never spoke to or interacted with Sharon, but I immediately saw what a good person she was. I followed her course out to Mayo, but never guessed in my wildest dreams what was to come. She posted she was on her way home... then GKL posted that she was gone. I felt like I got kicked in the chest, and my breath was gone - I was just stunned. Funny how she made an impact on so many people, even complete strangers - just goes to show you what kind of person she was. What a legacy she made. VR and his kids were very blessed as were we all having known her, even if just online.

I agree. When I read GKL's post that day, I literally cried out, "NO!!" and it took my breath away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Blitzer, he was a good guy. We talked on the phone a few times.

Then 1 day he wasn't around. Then it turned into months.

Another member let me know when I started a thread asking if any one had seen him?

he was my friend!

😪

Edited by true believer

Samurairabbi. I met him, I believe, at Eagle Creek range at my first GSSF match back in the late 90's. One of only two members I have met as far as I know.

I didn't know he had passed.

• Eric unpinned this topic
  • 3 years later...
On 8/10/2017 at 6:23 PM, RonS said:

I sold him a 10MM barrel way back. Helluva guy too. If the old 8:40 thread is still up on the old site, it's full of his wisdom.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2017 at 3:34 PM, TuckersDad said:

Ditto 

On 8/12/2017 at 8:56 PM, true believer said:

Blitzer, he was a good guy. We talked on the phone a few times.

Then 1 day he wasn't around. Then it turned into months.

Another member let me know when I started a thread asking if any one had seen him?

he was my friend!

😪

Hey, that was me!  Blitzer lived five minutes south of where I live.  Never met him, but we talked on gt.  His name was Herbert, right?

Edited by Sparks