What flashlight do you keep close by?

XSIV4S

6 minutes ago, Oneshotonepill said:

Malkoff md2 at home.

Malkoff mdc for work.

I have numerous other lights/ brands but I rely mostly on the lights I know will not fail.  And the Malkoffs are super nice and have the best (in my opinion) customer service.

Both of my Malkoff's are conversion (3 cell D Maglite and Surefire).  They are crazy bright. 

21 minutes ago, Oneshotonepill said:

this thread is in desperate need of pics.  I'll see what I can do.

IMG_2614.thumb.JPG.9a4f5604326e6432582a52c2fa60b530.JPGIMG_2612.thumb.JPG.8ca8f2006c5b77f2e26bd48c644628ad.JPGIMG_2611.thumb.JPG.43bfa131d25cd4642a3c3ae61d87433e.JPGIMG_2609.thumb.JPG.db6b4b3c75f146724c1a6db1071fc55b.JPGIMG_2602.thumb.JPG.30704b39473f5b8b3845ccffb52e0dba.JPG

Wow, every handgun has its own coordinated knife and flashlight?  That requires WAY more forethought to lights and knives than I'm probably ready to give.

P.S. You should really get some more flashlights.  I don't think you have enough.  ? ? :cheers:

ETA: Super bonus points for the pics!

Edited by Maccabeus

Around the house in the basement, bedroom, parents house and MIL house, have Maglite LED PROs and 15 to 20+ year old Maglites with updated Malkoff heads.  At work, in my EDC work bag, both cars, and living room, 15 to 20 year old Surefire basic flashlights (2 and 3 batteries models) upgraded with Malkoff LED heads.     

Edited by PATCHMAN
  • Like 1

I keep a streamlight 1L-1AA (can use AA or 123A) in my pocket, but at the house I usually keep one of my work flashlights on the shelf.

2353-20_1.ashx?mw=461&mh=422&hash=FEF7EE2354-20_2.ashx?mw=461&mh=422&hash=FAEC9A

Both claim 700 yard beam distance.  12V light has low and high modes, but is spot light only, rated at 750 lumens..  18V light has spot, flood, and combo, rated at 1250 lumens.  I have lots of spare batteries for each of them, main issue is they are a little on the bulky/heavy side, but put out great light.  

12V cost me $35 on sale, the 18V was $70. (both on close out at home depot)

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Lighting/Handheld-Lights/2353-20

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Lighting/Handheld-Lights/2354-20

my EDC is my Surefire 6P led the 120 lumen one.

if i need more i have a Streamlight strion led hl,but the 1 hour run time on high and 3.50 on low sucks,but that is by my bed.

in my kitchen i have an 800 lumen Streamlight stinger ds led.

at work i have another 800 lumen stinger.

and a stylus in my go bag.

i have a few other Surefires around.

and my next weapon light will be a Streamlight Protac HL-X.

Not picky, own many . I went back to common batteries the special batteries  are better but a pain in butt with having special chargers. I wrap each ones handle in glow in the dark tape... stuff is amazing. I think it is really stupid for a flashlight to be all black. 

Edited by Moeman
  • Like 1

I have a gaggle of pocket 3 Watt with Lithium power scattered around the house.

My favorite is a 3900 Lumen 3 lithium cell.  You can feel the heat in the beam a foot out from the light.  running "unprotected" 18650's, used every night, they last for months.

• Like 2

Right now my closest one is an Olight M20 Warrior Premium.

Ha! Just checked in the back of the same drawer and found an old Surefire E2D Executive Defender tucked back in there. That thing must have a few years on it. 

On a separate but related note... where are you guys finding the best deals on some 123As? 

10 minutes ago, Dragline said:

On a separate but related note... where are you guys finding the best deals on some 123As? 

Battery Junction for Chinese batteries.

I buy Surefire by the box instead of blister packs, and they are made in U.S.A.

59 minutes ago, nitesite said:

Battery Junction for Chinese batteries.

I buy Surefire by the box instead of blister packs, and they are made in U.S.A.

Thanks. Are you buying direct from Surefire?

Amazon has a box of 12 for cheaper with FS and no tax, but some of the reviews make them sound a bit sketchy even though the 'Surefire' box looks the same.

• Like 1

I have done both.  I buy the 12-ct red box Surefire.  Usually direct from Surefire..  I have paid no more than perhaps $2.50 each when bought by the box.

Surefire batteries on Amazon from a reputable seller is A-OK with me.  But I tend to go from the source because they are the freshest date code.

Energizer and Duracell CR123 in the retail stores go for $9~$12 for a PAIR which is just dumb. But if you check packaging they are usually Made in U.S.A.

Chinese batteries are okay for a simple flashlight or a toy.  They are not okay for a device that is going to be beaten to death.  

My Aimpoints, my adored $190 ElZetta B141 ZFL-M60, my weapon lights, and stuff I really care about get the better batteries and they cost very little more, no more than double.  USA or nothing.

I'm okay with being called a battery snob.  It's what I am.

:)

Edited by nitesite
  • Like 1