What flashlight do you keep close by?

XSIV4S

My old Insight HC150R is requiring a battery charge more and more often, so I have been thinking about a new light. I was floored by how much more powerful they are today than just a few years ago and at a good price. The front runner right now is a 1200 lumen Surefire EDCL-2T at under 200.00.

https://www.surefire.com/illumination/flashlights/everyday-carry-flashlight-edcl2-t.html

What's your favorite light?

Just now, XSIV4S said:

Wow, that's a good price too.

I got it and a charger at a gunshow.  Comparable to what I would pay on Amazon.  Had it a couple or 3 years now as my main flashlight.  Only issue is batteries are less common, but with Amazon you can find them pretty cheap.  I am running nightcore batteries now once I found some on there for reasonable price.  I'd rather do that than go with the cheap no name chinese batteries.

1 minute ago, Silentpoet said:

I got it and a charger at a gunshow.  Comparable to what I would pay on Amazon.  Had it a couple or 3 years now as my main flashlight.  Only issue is batteries are less common, but with Amazon you can find them pretty cheap.  I am running nightcore batteries now once I found some on there for reasonable price.  I'd rather do that than go with the cheap no name chinese batteries.

Are the rechargeable batteries not lasting long? How much usage does it get?

Just now, XSIV4S said:

Are the rechargeable batteries not lasting long? How much usage does it get?

No, they last.  I don't use it all the time though.  I carry it every day.  The nightcore batteries get better reviews so I went with them when I lost one of my other batteries.  I have two on the charger and one in the flashlight.  I change them out as needed or every so often.

3 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

No, they last.  I don't use it all the time though.  I carry it every day.  The nightcore batteries get better reviews so I went with them when I lost one of my other batteries.  I have two on the charger and one in the flashlight.  I change them out as needed or every so often.

Cool, that just made my short list.

39 minutes ago, XSIV4S said:

I just went to their website. The Olight R50 Pro Seeker LE looks amazing. Again, I am shocked at how powerful they have gotten.

I have three of those, one in my living room by the front door, one by the back door, and one in my office. 

Nice lights, I picked two of them up on a flash sale from Olight for 40% off. 

Just now, BMyers said:

I have three of those, one in my living room by the front door, one by the back door, and one in my office. 

Nice lights, I picked two of them up on a flash sale from Olight for 40% off. 

That was a helluva deal.

I use the nitecore srt 7. One of mine is just over 4 years old. One was replaced under warranty. I really like being able to go from white to red green and blue with the twist of a ring. Also the stove as chased off a coyote on me evening walks

Yes, if you sign up on their website, usually once a month they run a special of one of their different lights. I have picked up the M2T light for 40%, I picked up the mini-pl for 40% off and two of the valkyrie pl2 weapons light for 40% off. 

Watching for the flash sales, you can pick up lights much cheaper.

3 minutes ago, BMyers said:

Yes, if you sign up on their website, usually once a month they run a special of one of their different lights. I have picked up the M2T light for 40%, I picked up the mini-pl for 40% off and two of the valkyrie pl2 weapons light for 40% off. 

Watching for the flash sales, you can pick up lights much cheaper.

Cool, I'll do it right now.

IMG_20180719_155100859.thumb.jpg.cd79e95d1675aeb003fd4c7aadb2296d.jpg

Walking after dark: Maglite 3D with Malkoff LED drop in.

In the glovebox: Dorcy 800(?) Lumen rechargeable.

Nightstand: Bushnell T150L. It's a Walmart special, but it's a nice size, lights up each room well enough, and has a red light option.

Pocket: Streamlight MicroStream.

Oh, yeah, and,

Kitchen drawer: Dorcy 190 lumen LED (I think when I bought mine, they were still only ~170 lumens).  A great basic around the house light.

41-4750.thumb.jpg.5035a40bd49d06b8cccc09c5d3f85f7c.jpg

Besides those, any room in the house may have 1-3 other cheap, throw away, or aging models that were replaced by one of the above.

I only own one really high end flashlight and its really not of much use in town. It's a Laser Genetics ND-5. About the only use it gets is shining a tight green beam on the floor and letting the German Shepherds chase it. They start acting like meth addicts as soon as they see it.

IMG_8290.JPG

• Like 1

Wife's nightstand = MAGLITE ML300L 3-D LED  16-hr HI / 77-hr LO / 117-hr ECO  $45 at Walmart.  GREAT LIGHT for the money.  USA Made

Duty Lights = a Pelican 8060 and a 3-D MAGLITE with Malkoff Device LED and ElZetta 2-cell and Streamlight Microstream

Go USA!!!!!

• Like 1