Dramatic Pictures

Eric

5 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I have read reports from wildlife experts that claim there isn't a state (and probably a county) where Mountain Lions don't exist.  The only difference is in the numbers.

One of my hunting buddy’s swears he saw a mountain lion last year while we were deer hunting. We put a deer carcass out for coyote bait a few weeks ago and went back 3 days later to see if they were hitting it and it was gone! This was at least a 150lb deer! We think that mountain lion took it! Those tracks were not far from where we had the deer! 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sigobsessed said:

One of my hunting buddy’s swears he saw a mountain lion last year while we were deer hunting. We put a deer carcass out for coyote bait a few weeks ago and went back 3 days later to see if they were hitting it and it was gone! This was at least a 150lb deer! We think that mountain lion took it! Those tracks were not far from where we had the deer! 

The interesting thing to me is that if a Mountain Lion wanted a human, they would take them and you would hear much more about it.  But, you rarely hear about it unless you surprise one.

In Minnesota we sometimes fish for Northern Pike (a real fish predator) by moving the bait very fast through the water.  A real predator will strike the thing that surprises it.  So surprise seems to produce the same result  whether you are on land or in the water.

8 minutes ago, janice6 said:

The interesting thing to me is that if a Mountain Lion wanted a human, they would take them and you would hear much more about it.  But, you rarely hear about it unless you surprise one.

In Minnesota we sometimes fish for Northern Pike (a real fish predator) by moving the bait very fast through the water.  A real predator will strike the thing that surprises it.  So surprise seems to produce the same result  whether you are on land or in the water.

We have northern pike here and your right they are basically a fresh water shark! 

I think that because we are hunting we move through the wounds very slow and quiet maybe it gives the lions plenty of time to get away! We also use ATVs quite a bit which would give plenty of warning!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sigobsessed said:

We have northern pike here and your right they are basically a fresh water shark! 

I think that because we are hunting we move through the wounds very slow and quiet maybe it gives the lions plenty of time to get away! We also use ATVs quite a bit which would give plenty of warning!

I experience the same thing in the Minnesota North Woods, in that we make a lot of noise when moving through the woods and yet the times we see a Bear is when walking down a dirt road and one runs across it into the woods at least a block ahead of us.  They really don't like being bothered and take pains to avoid us when possible.  Of course, we never try to take fish guts away from them either.  Mama din't raise no fools!

4 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I experience the same thing in the Minnesota North Woods, in that we make a lot of noise when moving through the woods and yet the times we see a Bear is when walking down a dirt road and one runs across it into the woods at least a block ahead of us.  They really don't like being bothered and take pains to avoid us when possible.  Of course, we never try to take fish guts away from them either.  Mama din't raise no fools!

If I shoot game and a bear or lion beats me to it they can enjoy their meal and I won’t bother them! I ain’t gonna try n take candy away from them baby’s!!!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

Like the Ontarios.  Good knives.  I have a RAT II in D2 steel.  Great knife, but a bitch to sharpen.....

The smaller one is a rat II, I use ceramic rods to keep a good edge on all my knives! You can shave with every knife in those pics!

• Like 2

• Eric featured this topic