Random Posting

Eric

16 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Transgender axe attacker split man's face in HALF in rampage after bad Tinder date

A TRANSGENDER axe attacker split a man's face in half in a horrific rampage at a petrol station after a bad Tinder date.

She has been jailed for four-and-a-half years – with her lawyer blaming the sex change operation.
Her legal team claimed the operation had left her in immense pain and fuelled her desire to kill strangers.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/755694/transgender-axe-attack-australia-evie-amati-ben-rimmer-petition-7-eleven-tinder

So the PC crowd pushing for gender change in minors won't learn anything from this.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Good Morning!

It's so beautiful outside..jpeg

I bought my wife two of those cups.  One to use and one to replace the one being used when it's broken.  

I hung the spare on a plastic hook by the handle for storage.  After about 4/6 months, the cup had a crack in the outer glass shell surrounding the handle.  It broke from a very small constant stress over time.  I found this very interesting.  One day I will have to buy her a replacement, but the one in use is still fine.  No, there is no point in this post, just an interesting event.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

Free nothing, I got paid $1k a month to go to college after 4 years in the Army.

Free of money, but as Churchill said, “blood, tears, toil, and sweat.”  

Or as Heinlein said, TANSTAAFL.  (There ain’t no such thing as a free lunch!)

Hawk

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

Free nothing, I got paid $1k a month to go to college after 4 years in the Army.

I got the "old GI Bill" (beat the cutoff by two days). They paid pretty much the whole cost of tuition, room, and board. Being naturally frugal after life as a GI, I lived like a king.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

I got the "old GI Bill" (beat the cutoff by two days). They paid pretty much the whole cost of tuition, room, and board. Being naturally frugal after life as a GI, I lived like a king.

Same here.  Depends a lot on when you were in on they amount paid.

Edited by pipedreams
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dric902 said:

I’m not sure what to think about that barrel.

no chamber, no fracture. Looks almost beaten. 

But that bore isn’t a 45.

The bore is pointed away, so you can’t see the bore.  The pistol shows 1911, the mag shows .45.  The chamber shows a cartridge out of battery with the primer blown out.  Looking closely at the cartridge, it is showing a .4?, either a 0 or a 5.  So it either blew with a .45 cartridge, or a .40 cartridge.  If the latter, then the pistol blew up unable to handle the wimpy .40 cartridge.  

Hawk 

Edited by Brown Hawk
Correcting the auto-correct.

46 minutes ago, Brown Hawk said:

The blew is pointed away, so you can’t see the bore.  The pistol shows 1911, the mag shows .45.  The chamber shows a cartridge out of battery with the primer blown out.  Looking closely at the cartridge, it is showing a .4?, either a 0 or a 5.  So it either blew with a .45 cartridge, or a .40 cartridge.  If the latter, then the pistol blew up unable to handle the wimpy .40 cartridge.  

Hawk 

Need more and better pics

if that’s a case head blown out, then it was very likely a reload problem, not a 1911 problem.

Edited by Dric902
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brown Hawk said:

The blew is pointed away, so you can’t see the bore.  The pistol shows 1911, the mag shows .45.  The chamber shows a cartridge out of battery with the primer blown out.  Looking closely at the cartridge, it is showing a .4?, either a 0 or a 5.  So it either blew with a .45 cartridge, or a .40 cartridge.  If the latter, then the pistol blew up unable to handle the wimpy .40 cartridge.  

Hawk 

The .40 has what, twice the pressure of. 45 ACP, doesn't it?

23 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Need more and better pics

if that’s a case head blown out, then it was very likely a reload problem, not a 1911 problem.

Case looks fine, just the primer blown out.  And just like most of these things, GLOCK, 1911, or whatever, most likely operator error. Just having some fun.  

Hawk

4 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

The .40 has what, twice the pressure of. 45 ACP, doesn't it?

Don’t know, don’t care.  Don’t blame the gun as the odds are operator did it.  

Hawk 

• Like 2

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic