Random Posting

Eric

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Symbol of an era! Beautiful composition.

This is a concept picture that some genius created in 1936, for a spiral drive-up ramp system to compliment the Eiffel Tower. No matter how well done something is, there is always a dumbass that thinks he can improve upon it. I'll admit though, when I was a kid, I would have loved a chance to go down one of those ramps on a skateboard. How do you say, "Hold my beer...", in French?

pukicho-unkownknowledge-follow-pukicho-i-like-this-1936-car-ramp-36550489.png.e450a1f451e3c9419fda7f35e535e217.png

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Eric said:

This is a concept picture that some genius created in 1936, for a spiral drive-up ramp system to compliment the Eiffel Tower. No matter how well done something is, there is always a dumbass that thinks he can improve upon it.

pukicho-unkownknowledge-follow-pukicho-i-like-this-1936-car-ramp-36550489.png.e450a1f451e3c9419fda7f35e535e217.png

That's sad that an architect couldn't see that they are messing with an icon.  That would have been an abomination.

My grandfather used to tell me of the harrowing experiences he had with a spiral bridge in Stillwater, Minnesota.  Many things look good on paper.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

My reference was to this bridge.  he used to drive horses over it and they would get terrified when it got slippery.  It was shared with cars at the time.

I'm wrong!!! The picture says Hastings, MN which is even closer to where he lived.

image.png.749609c0ae95c9a4a93b797b197f963e.png

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, janice6 said:

My reference was to this bridge.  he used to drive horses over it and they would get terrified when it got slippery.  It was shared with cars at the time.

I'm wrong!!! The picture says Hastings, MN which is even closer to where he lived.

Damn. I bet it would at that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, janice6 said:

Wow that approach and bridge is a bit spooky.  We had a bridge here that wasn't near that bad but it was narrow and had a steel grate floor.  When two trucks met on the bridge mirrors would hit if not careful.  The floor would get slippery when the may flies would hatch some years it had to be shut down because all the bodies made it a slippery mess.  The picture has the old bridge and the replacement, what difference.

829814401_NewBridgeMacArthurBridge-SIzeComparison.jpg.af40ce23752704805f39b281ebf1dce1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Another picture that is worth a thousand words.  She is at an orphanage in Kenya in this photo.

This is a FIRST LADY - This is Our 1st Lady of the United States of America.

MAGA

bb-5bb8ffafcac88.jpeg.cda2c2218c5a4a3265274c4469ee533a.jpeg

If she starts floating, that Secret Service better pull her out of there

3 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Another picture that is worth a thousand words.  She is at an orphanage in Kenya in this photo.

This is a FIRST LADY - This is Our 1st Lady of the United States of America.

MAGA

bb-5bb8ffafcac88.jpeg.cda2c2218c5a4a3265274c4469ee533a.jpeg

So I guess they're going to take her up in the mothership...

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

If she starts floating, that Secret Service better pull her out of there

CNN would release a breaking story alert that the First Lady was getting high with a bunch of kids. 

• Haha 5

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic