Random Posting

Eric

11 minutes ago, Historian said:

Amazing thing to see.    I saw one of these, once!  A moon dog!

Moon Dog - Moon Ring Stock Photos - Moon Dawg, Moon Bow

When I was a kid I used to ice skate in the darker areas of the Lake/rink (there were fewer people and you could skate as fast as you wanted.  The city used to groom it for Ice skating, they had a separate rink for hockey).

I would lay on my back on the ice and look at those on the rare occasion they appeared.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

Just now, janice6 said:

When I was a kid I used to ice skate in the darker areas of the Lake/rink (the city used to groom it for Ice skating, they had a separate rink for hockey).

I would lay on my back on the ice and look at those on the rare occasion they appeared.

We live in such an amazing place.  When you think about how our universe is so large and we are just one small part...things like this a gift.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paul53 said:

freedom fb.PNG

“Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. The former are idealists acting from highest motives for the greatest good of the greatest number. The latter are surly curmudgeons, suspicious and lacking in altruism. But they are more comfortable neighbors than the other sort.”
Robert A. Heinlein
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, railfancwb said:
“Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. The former are idealists acting from highest motives for the greatest good of the greatest number. The latter are surly curmudgeons, suspicious and lacking in altruism. But they are more comfortable neighbors than the other sort.”
Robert A. Heinlein

Loved "Stranger in a Strange Land" didn't know he was a philosopher too, or are the author and philosopher 2 people? You grok?

Edited by Paul53
  • Like 2

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic