Random Posting

Eric

10 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Poor_Me_Magazine_Issue_5_Lisa_Page_2.jpg

Many years ago my field training officer at my first PD pointed at my new badge and said, "That badge will get your more tail than you can dream of.  That tail will also get your badge."

Ms. Page should have listened to my FTO.   Because of her actions.  She lost her badge and helped destroy a marriage.

She shouldn't have a security clearance again.

Edited by Historian
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, janice6 said:

What?  You've never driven around Braille drivers.

I used to work with a computer programmer who was totally blind.    She had a Braille printer that sounded like a Browning 50 and special software that would read what on the screen to her.  She was an amazing programmer.

Anyway.   One year for her birthday her husband took her out West to a desert where she drove a car....blind...with nothing to hit she drove through the desert.

She also went parachuting and had two children.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Historian said:

But those were two different events, right, because that doesn’t sound safe. Or dignified. Or particularly hygienic.

Wait, was it two kids because one was the primary and one was the backup? I hope they both deployed ok.

I guess that would be one of those times when pulling the cord would be a bad instinct, huh?

Did she shout ‘Marine Corps!’?

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Eric said:

But those were two different events, right, because that doesn’t sound safe. Or dignified. Or particularly hygienic.

Wait, was it two kids because one was the primary and one was the backup? I hope they both deployed ok.

ROFL.  Of course, eric.  Three different events.

Well done, sir.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Dad gum...Never even heard of it.  Sure sounds like it's Incredible!!!

https://recipes.anovaculinary.com/recipe/sous-vide-bacon

The beauty of this is, other than the great taste and texture, is that once you have Sous Vide’d the bacon, you stick it back in the frig and fry up as much as you want, when you want. The Sous Vide bacon will last a week in the frig, or months in the freezer. It takes less than three minutes to sear it, when you are ready to eat some bacon. 

1 hour ago, Historian said:

I used to work with a computer programmer who was totally blind.    She had a Braille printer that sounded like a Browning 50 and special software that would read what on the screen to her.  She was an amazing programmer.

Anyway.   One year for her birthday her husband took her out West to a desert where she drove a car....blind...with nothing to hit she drove through the desert.

Good for her!  Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic