Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

6 minutes ago, Eric said:

DBBAA7DB-93C5-40CD-9F90-7380A5D56E15.jpeg.17981beeff4e15e2eb1e018964767d63.jpeg

BA592B57-1B0F-4223-B6E1-6F0926A16E7B.jpeg.088f7ca0ed1df07196d01f791f5a7f0a.jpeg

AD940D11-E2BC-4D9D-9ECB-7ADD4093BEB0.jpeg

548D766E-7632-40A2-89B0-4C5C35893E75.jpeg

I still say that the De Tomaso Mangusta, circa 1968,  is one of the prettiest of the modern automobiles

I still remember reading the Road and Track article about it.  I think the one on the cover was painted yellow.

It's even quite comely in green.  That's sort of a nice green and it  fits the automobile.

I just hope that they never painted one orange.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, tous said:

I still say that the De Tomaso Mangusta, circa 1968,  is one of the prettiest of the modern automobiles

I still remember reading the Road and Track article about it.  I think the one on the cover was painted yellow.

It's even quite comely in green.  That's sort of a nice green and it  fits the automobile.

I just hope that they never painted one orange.

I’ve driven one and worked on a couple of them. It is a cool car. Pretty quick for an old Ford V-8.

• Like 1

I am not a huge fan of Italian sports cars.  I have always found them to be over- or under-styled and just not that appealing t me.

The earlier De Tomaso offerings like the Vallelunga (I have never seen one in the flesh,)  Mangusta  and Pantera (I have seen both in the flesh) were the exceptions.

I hated the danged gated shifters on Italian automobiles.  If the linkage was worn a bit, the shifter hit or scraped on the gates.

Hey, Italians!

The rest of the world can shift quite well without a road map.  We don't need the gates.

Edited by tous
spell check keeps trying to help me and gets it wrong
  • Like 1