Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

Soldiers called it "The TUG. "Willys MT-TUG The military nomenclature was "Truck, 3⁄4-ton, 6x6, Tractor", was aka 'Super-Jeep'. It was wider and longer than all other Willys models but there were only 15 ever made and sold to the Army. The top picture was included in the article but it has more of a standard 'Jeep' build and I'm really not sure if it was a prototype or a mistake or a crossbreed, lol.

UPDATE: The top picture is a modified Jeep by a collector. As I mentioned before there were only 15 MT-TUG's built, and only 3 still exist and they are all in museums or collections. 

Also, all 15 of the MT-TUG's built and received by the US Army were tested and the Army did not accept them. They were then procured by the US AF and used as aircraft tugs. Probably that is where the name comes from.

Willys MT-TUG %22Truck, 3⁄4-Ton, 6x6, Tractor%22, aka 'Super-Jeep' - 1.jpg

Willys MT-TUG %22Truck, 3⁄4-ton, 6x6, Tractor%22, aka 'Super-Jeep' - 2.jpg

Willys MT-TUG %22Truck, 3⁄4-ton, 6x6, Tractor%22, aka 'Super-Jeep' - 3.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

NEST669zzsimple_pvy38t7K0L1h.jpg

This 1947 PW is close to being my ultimate dream truck. Love PW's and this one is almost perfect. It was voted Truck Trend best builds of SEMA 2017 and it is loaded to the brim with extra. Suicide doors just made me drool all over myself. The price tag was over $269,000 though. Out of my price range, lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

This 1947 PW is close to being my ultimate dream truck. Love PW's and this one is almost perfect. It was voted Truck Trend best builds of SEMA 2017 and it is loaded to the brim with extra. Suicide doors just made me drool all over myself. The price tag was over $269,000 though. Out of my price range, lol.

It IS my ultimate Dream truck!!!  Out of my Price range too my friend.  Besides...I ain't got a garage to fit her in!!!  Damnit she's Beautiful though....

That Truck is just so totally "Me".

• Like 1

I hate that they put contemporary wheels and tires on such a beautiful classic automobile.

Do you think that the original and C1 or C2 Corvette would have looked  good with wire wheels a la the Jaguar XK-E?

If I recall, the original wheels (wheel covers, most likely) for that model were sort of thin vanes radiating from the center with fake knock-offs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1