Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

This actually might not belong here in this thread but I love my role as a rebel … and I didn’t know where else it would fit, lol.

As I was roaming around checking out this Monroe lift, I happened upon this website and it has a lot of information about the Jeep on the farm after the war and it’s usage as a farm vehicle.

FarmJeep.com is home to stories and information about the post-WWII Willys Jeeps that were real transformers, changing from truck to tractor to power unit in just a few seconds. While the Farm Jeep was a specific model, we apply the term to any Jeep that performs the tasks of a tractor. Here you will find information on the Love, Newgren, Monroe and Stratton hydraulic 3-point lifts that made the Jeep a true tractor. You will also find lists of resources we use for our Jeep projects and for our research activities. History is important to us and whether it is Jeeps in our family or the history of the companies that made the Farm Jeep components, we try our best to be accurate.

https://www.farmjeep.com/?fbclid=IwAR0zitNpkGvQ6RU4vqrJ4u98wLN2V0lpbLAMptmhxD4t8SnPx19DOjX9uw4

In the fall of 1944, Willys produced a document that would be the definitive statement on the post-war jeep.  Titled “Jeep Planning,” the brochure outlines the “Peace Jeep” as a “4-in-1 Farm Power unit: 1. The Jeep as a light tractor; 2. The Jeep as a mobile power unit; 3. The Jeep as a light truck; 4. The Jeep as a utility car.”  Number one on the list is “a light tractor” and we will examine this role for the CJ in more depth.

https://www.farmjeep.com/the-jeep-as-a-light-tractor/

1948 Monroe hydraulic implement lift for Willys universal farm Jeep promo movie XD48144

https://youtu.be/N-7IlhWOg24

Willys Jeep - Monroe Hydraulic Lift : Hitch - 2.jpg

Willys Jeep - Monroe Hydraulic Lift : Hitch.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1936 Delahaye 135 Competition - Figoni Patented Disappearing Top Convertible

‘The’ 1936 "Talk of Paris" car, the beginning of the famed Figoni Streamlined Elegance Era, an objet d'ar
One of the most highly awarded cars in the world ... Best of Show, Most Elegant, Best Paint, Best Pre-War, People's Choice, etc.
Classic Car Club of America (CCCA), First, perfect 100-points at every Grand Classic shown over seventeen years. Premier level.
One of a very limited number of Figoni Streamlined Competition cars remaining in existence and rarely available.
First of the Figoni Streamlined Competition Convertibles with Figoni-patented Disappearing Top and folding windshield.
Complete tool kit, correct French jack, all in concours condition.
Piece Unique, The only car of this design.
All matching numbers throughout, verified by Club Delahaye and Figoni records.
Completely authenticated by Club Delahaye France, extensive provenance, history book, build sheet, etc.
Original Figoni Body #581.

Original Engine & Chassis #46864.
All owners known from new.
Consistently judged to be among the very best ... Over 25 Best of Show Awards.

Copy of original build sheet & Owner's Manual (English Version).

1936 Delahaye 135 Competition - Figoni Patented Disappearing Top Convertible - 1.jpg

1936 Delahaye 135 Competition - Figoni Patented Disappearing Top Convertible - 2.jpg

• Like 4