Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

@ChuteTheMall originally posted this a day or two ago and I liked it so much I looked around until I found this article about the car and the build.

This custom VW Beetle has been completely transformed, with a custom-made chassis and fully independent suspension all round. The roofline has been lowered by 7 inches to give it that mean hot rod look, and the front and rear fenders have been deleted to make room for the wide wheels. The lower roofline also helps lower the car as much as possible to increase its stability and help keep the centre of gravity down.

The original VW motor has been chucked out, and a 5.7L HEMI V8 now sits upfront. It produces over 400hp, sent to the rear wheels of this little beast. On top of that, with its ultra lightweight interior, the Beetle now only weighs in at 2,000 lbs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt2WpVl8SlA&feature=emb_imp_woyt

Volkswagen - 5.7L Hemi Powered Beetle.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

1973 Pontiac Grand Prix

I've always thought that the early 70's Grand Prix's and the early 70's Monte Carlo's were great for cruising. I had a '73 Monte Carlo early in life.

1973 Pontiac Grand Prix - 1.jpg

1973 Pontiac Grand Prix - 2.jpg

Wish I still had mine...and my 57, and my VW Bus....AND, AND, And.....

• Like 1

Those "OLD" cars had CLASS. Little did we realize what would happen to auto styling.

Too many cars these days look very similar 

We used to be excited to see the NEW cars at the dealerships in late fall.....covered up or hidden in the back till they were "announced".

• Like 4