Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

• Administrators
Just now, railfancwb said:

I see these once in awhile, and always wonder why their time on the market was so short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know. It was a gorgeous car and in SRT trim, it had a 330hp supercharged V-6. It was a hell of a ride.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

The Duesenberg assembly line. Those rolling chassis would be sent to various coachbuilders who would body them to the customer’s choice. I’m not sure if Duesenberg bodied any of the cars in-house. 

0F9C90B5-CE6C-4142-A357-4119F4DB6D77.jpeg.e943a19f67b6fd6c141a9d745687470e.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

On 8/2/2019 at 3:40 PM, Eric said:

1970-Oldsmobile-442-W30-Orange-fa-web-1280x960.jpg

When I was in high school I hung out with a bunch of fools on little motorcycles (Honda SL 100s, CL 100s, CL 175s, Hawks, etc.) One of them, Ricky, a couple of years younger than I, had a sister, Karen, who was an unbelievable Swedish Ivory Blond, a couple of years older than I. Karen had been groomed by her mom as a revenge to every man who had done her wrong. She drove a burgundy 1972 442 convertible like this. I spent much time just following her around. As far as I know she was never aware of my existence, which is probably why I am alive to post this. :supergrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, tous said:

Jaguar?

It has a Coventry-like nose.

It’s a very well-built and street legal aluminum-bodied replica of a Jaguar race car prototype from the ‘60s, the XJ-13. The lines are amazing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2