It's Caturday!!!

Cubdriver

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And in the middle of the desk is a can of crickets.

I bought them to put them in the crab cage.  and i did. they eat crab poo.  the crabs can't catch them to eat them, unless they're almost dead, which they do a lot.

And the rest, I put in the cricket cage.

And, so, had crickets in there.

And read the inter et  to grow grickets.

And it didn't lie, so, after propagation, I had 12.7 million crickets.

• Sad 1

So,  in the cricket cage, you need egg crates and potatoes (they eat potatoes,  and that's it, i guess ) and water-sponge.  that's all you need. And a butter-tub full of dirt. for laying eggs.  or puppies, whatever they do.)

And thats all you need.

And they **** a lot.

So... the 40¢ ketchup-tub thing you get with a dozen crickets..................

(You can't buy one cricket at Pet-Co.  I tried.

So... You are at the cricket spot at petco (the lizards eat a lot) and say you only want one cricket.

Because that's six months worth of food for a crab.

The store-girl can't comprehend.)

• Like 1

But in the cricket cage,  don't open the lid.  for, whatever.  water and potatoes and ****.

So go ahead.    See what happens.

Nothing.

But 47.2million, microscopic, crickets,  exploding all over the basement.

Which is OK.

As long as there are, at least, 13 million left in the cage,  the other 40 million that got loose are ok.  They're microscopic, you can't even see them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Isn't it fascinating the affinity humans have with critters.  We welcome them into our homes for companionship and they stay for the chow.

Symbiotic relationships:

"...Symbiosis describes close interactions between two or more different species. It is different from regular interactions between species, because in a symbiotic relationship, the two species in the relationship live together. Many organisms are involved in symbiotic relationships because this interaction provides benefits to both species. However, there are types of symbiosis that are not beneficial and may in fact harm one or both of the species.

Symbiotic relationships can be obligate or facultative. Obligate symbiosis is when two organisms are in a symbiotic relationship because they can't survive without each other. Facultative symbiosis is when the species live together by choice. There are four main types of symbiotic relationships: mutualism, commensalism, parasitism and competition.

Mutualism occurs when both species benefit from the interaction. Because mutualism is beneficial to both species involved, there are a wide variety of mutualistic interactions, and these are most common in nature. ..",  https://study.com/academy/lesson/symbiotic-relationship-definition-examples-quiz.html

It's early for me and I'm not yet adjusted to functioning, so my mind wanders.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Cubdriver said:

Nearly four years in my former feral Ghost is FINALLY really starting to trust and come out of her shell.  She's getting much more adventurous, and inclined to explore and climb on things.  Perhaps this is NOT such a good thing...

19_10-07%20Ghost%2001-XL.jpg

19_10-07%20Ghost%2002-XL.jpg

19_10-07%20Ghost%2003-XL.jpg

-Pat

I'm happy to see that her natural ability to generate electricity under the proper conditions is being channeled into a productive direction of design and development.  (HIGH 4)

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

Boy, that mostly white one with the Orange blaze over his left eye, on the smaller side about half way back and directly above the only orange one in the front row looks like he's ready to open a keg of whoopass on somebody.  And I don't think I'd want to be that somebody!  That is quite the scowl - he looks ready to kick ass and take names!  (And is just as likely to be a total love bug despite the bitchy resting face)

-Pat

• Like 2