RFK Jr. says Biden is ‘Much Worse Threat to Democracy’ than Trump

I'm no fan of any Kennedy, although JFK was the best of the lot and would be considered a right-wing extremist today, and I wouldn't want to see RFK Jr. become president, but I have to give him credit for standing up and speaking the truth that so many are trying so hard to either deny or ignore. RFK Jr's family and the entire Democrat establishment all are rigorously condemning the man for being a 'Spoiler' and taking away votes from Biden and helping Trump win back the presidency, but apparently RFK Jr himself  thinks that's actually what might well be necessary to keep this once-great nation from becoming a corrupt dictatorship under that feeble old stooge and his puppet-masters.

RFK Jr. Is Right About Joe Biden
By: David Harsanyi The Federalist April 03, 2024

The president is a threat to the constitutional order.

RFK Jr. can be an unhinged leftist and crackpot, but he also happens to be correct about Joe Biden’s attacks on constitutional order, particularly free expression. Speaking to an incredulous Erin Burnett on CNN this week, Kennedy argued that Biden was a bigger threat to “democracy” than Donald Trump, a position that clashes with the media’s entire 2024 campaign messaging.

In a more decent world, we’d be debating which presidential candidate was better at upholding the constitutional order, rather than which one was worse. That is not our fate. And yet, the unique thing about the 2024 presidential contest is that voters are given a chance to compare existing presidential records.

Kennedy contends that Biden “is the first candidate in history, the first president in history that has used the federal agencies to censor political speech or censor his opponent.” One suspects Eugene Debs might quibble with this characterization, though not since the Committee on Public Information has there been a White House that has shown such disdain for free expression and debate.

Biden is the first president to openly and secretly pressure major communication companies to take direction and work in conjunction with state agencies to censor debate. The same left-wingers who do not believe in any limiting principles while regulating economic life will lecture us about how so-called platforms are free to work with anyone they please, including the White House.

OK, but tech companies also spend tens of millions each year in Washington rent-seeking and lobbying for favorable regulations. They are highly susceptible to state intimidation. When Biden deputizes massive communication companies to act as censors, he’s merely taking a shortcut in the suppression of speech that undercuts, at the very minimum, the spirit and purpose of the First Amendment. One might even call this brand of state-corporate relationship “semi-fascist.”

RFK is right that the Biden administration engaged in censorship through agencies, but it wasn’t exactly a secret. Recall Jen Psaki informing us that the White House was “flagging problematic posts for Facebook that spread disinformation.” Biden claimed that allowing unfettered speech on Facebook during Covid was “killing people.” Just contemplate the media’s reaction if Trump’s White House had been keeping lists of “problematic” posts. Remember, as well, White House Communications Director Kate Bedingfield warning that social media companies “should be held accountable” for the ideas of those who use their websites. Was she talking about the ideas that spurred the 2020 Black Lives Matter riots, the most expensive in history? Was she talking about those who spread conspiracy theories about Russian collusion? Probably not. Though Trump never did anything to inhibit the spread of criticism or conspiracy theories.

The practical problem with allowing the state to dictate speech is that it will surely abuse the power by tagging inconvenient positions as “disinformation,” as it did with the Hunter Biden laptop story and as it did when pressuring Facebook to ban stories on the Chinese origins of Covid. Even if this were not the case, the state has no business guiding, engaging in, or suggesting any limits on free expression — even when it comes to real misinformation or disinformation. The president swore an oath to the Constitution, not the consensus of “experts.”

But look at me naively prattling on about neutral principles. There is no uproar when Biden creates a Ministry of Truth to combat alleged disinformation because the media are uninterested in neutrality of free expression. Partisan legionnaires like Philip Bump note that “Misinformation-spouting RFK Jr. muses that Biden is a threat to democracy,” as if these assertions are somehow in conflict. Most of the attacks on RFK’s comments by “experts and historians” do nothing to dispel the contention that the president works to censor Americans.

One gets the sense, in fact, that just like Ketanji Brown Jackson, most Democrats believe the state dictating speech (as long as it’s run by the left) is both necessary and good for “democracy.” Me? I don’t believe questioning public health officials is any kind of threat to the constitutional order. Nor is questioning the outcome of elections. Not if you do so within the system and a court exists that will stop illegitimate attempts to take it — as it did, for instance, when Al Gore tried it in 2000. (Biden, incidentally, continues to smear, delegitimize, and ignore that court whenever convenient.)

The biggest threat to “democracy” — if by democracy we still mean the Constitution — is when the powerful ignore limits of the state with impunity. From that perspective, Biden has been a cancer on “democracy.”

The left rationalizes and often justifies his authoritarianism by noting the existence of Trump. Even if the former president were as bad as Democrats claim, there is a slew of institutions ready to stop him. Biden? Those institutions cheer on his abuses. And that alone makes him more dangerous. 
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Logical people would all conclude the same thing.  

Look at Tulsi.  Her own party burned her.  I don't like either of them but they do both sometimes say stuff I agree with.  I gotta give credit to Bernie, they cut his nuts off and he still sings their praises.

• Like 2

RFK Jr's only talent seems to be saying what is obvious to everyone, and then everyone gets mad at him.

He says a lot of kooky stuff too, so you really can't put a lot of stock in him.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Fog said:

RFK Jr's only talent seems to be saying what is obvious to everyone, and then everyone gets mad at him.

He says a lot of kooky stuff too, so you really can't put a lot of stock in him.

The truth sometimes comes from the mouths of lunatics and children who may or may not realize that they're speaking the truth.

Rush Limbaugh would sometimes speak of Democrats who would inadvertently "Swerve into the truth" without meaning to.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

RFK is a better choice than Biden.  But the Democrap Party is set on keeping their sock puppet on stage as long as possible.

"RFK is a better choice than Biden"

An illegal immigrant drug cartel member is a better choice than Biden, but I wouldn't want either RFK Jr, Biden, or a drug cartel member to be our next president. But if RFK jr can actually take votes away from Biden, he's helping to save this country and I'm grateful to him for speaking the truth about what's at stake in this election.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

"RFK is a better choice than Biden"

An illegal immigrant drug cartel member is a better choice than Biden, but I wouldn't want either RFK Jr, Biden, or a drug cartel member to be our next president. But if RFK jr can actually take votes away from Biden, he's helping to save this country and I'm grateful to him for speaking the truth about what's at stake in this election.

Yep.  Which is why I’m trying to convince the Dems in my life to vote for RFK, because getting them to vote for Trump is a non-starter, but even an RFK vote would help a little to get us off the Joe&the Ho train wreck.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, Rellik said:

Jr's vp pick says a lot.

Yeah, says he needs her money. I'm a little unsure what she is going for by supporting him, based on her public statements in the past she should love biden, but for some reason she doesn't.

Not sure I care enough to really look into it?

Maybe if I wasen't so busy trying to pay all the bills with this inflation thing going on.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, minderasr said:

You have Dems in your life?  Blasphemer!  :wink:

1yodo9.jpg

Yeah.  My parents.  They are the only Dems left in my life.  They are in their late 80s.  Get all their news from MSM.  Have hardcore TDS.  Truly sad thing is my dad always voted Republican when I was growing up.  But the drank the Koolaid 8 years ago and they refuse to believe anything but the MSM lies, won't do their own research, and I can only hope they either refrain from voting or vote RFK, Jr this time around.  I can't even get them to look at the Dem Party platform to see what they are supporting when they vote that way, because it's all anti-Trump perosnality garbage for them.  And then they ask how on earth the culture has gone as off the rails as it has... it's all I can do not to shout, "BECAUSE YOU VOTED FOR THAT!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Yeah.  My parents.  They are the only Dems left in my life.  They are in their late 80s.  Get all their news from MSM.  Have hardcore TDS.

I totally get that.  We can choose our friends but we can't choose our family!

I have an adult niece who went to school in NYC, and spent a semester or two in France (fashion design).  And she came out a hard core liberal.  So much so that she and her soy boy fiancee moved to Portland.

My parents have voted Republican as far back as I can remember.  Despite what the rest of the family thinks, my Mother (91) is the hard core Conservative (I've inherited that from her) while my Father (85) is a little more to the center...allegedly.

With that said, my Father has a serious case of TDS.  Hates the man with a passion, yet voted for him in his first term.  Now refuses to even admit Trump will be the nominee. He hates FOX News (accuses me of being brainwashed by them even though they're not my news source of choice), and gets all his news from the BBC (refuses to believe they're a liberal outlet) and Al Jazera (claiming they're a more trustworthy source).  They've swayed him against Israel and he now believes Israel purposely targeted aid workers and civilians.

Boy does he get mad when I tell him he's a full blown commie.  I have no idea who he'll be voting for.  He hates Biden equally, so maybe RFK Jr but I'm not sure he likes that guy either.

*sigh*

• Sad 2

Elections are now simply theater for the ignorant.

The hippie Marxists don't need to propose any popular policies, nor put forward an attractive candidate when they alone count the votes; and manufacture whatever they need.

15 hours ago, Fog said:

Yeah, says he needs her money. I'm a little unsure what she is going for by supporting him, based on her public statements in the past she should love biden, but for some reason she doesn't.

Maybe she knows that all the pumps are fed from the same tank... :(

• Like 2

15 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Does it still matter? Or have elections been so corrupted that voting is like ******* into the wind?

14 hours ago, tous said:

Elections are now simply theater for the ignorant.

The hippie Marxists don't need to propose any popular policies, nor put forward an attractive candidate when they alone count the votes; and manufacture whatever they need.

I'd like to believe elections still matter. I refuse to give up hope.

• Like 4