Best Movies

Eric

I saw this movie in 1962 when I was about 15. I saw it at a movie theater back then and I went by myself. I think it's one of my all time favorites. I watched it again recently and was surprised to learn that Carrol O'Connor (Archie Bunker)had a small but important part in it at the end.

lonely.jpg

• Like 3

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

I forget the context but this scene appealed to me. 

IMG_3851.jpeg

That was their sport. They would sit on the porch with their shotguns and wait for traveling salesman.

• Like 3

As a group the Saturday matinee westerns and their related cliff hanger serials were memorable to me. Those were the days when I could pick up enough returnable bottles along the highway that the deposit refunds could buy my admission and sometimes popcorn and drink as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

I just this second realized that the guy that played Mel Gibson's snitch cousin in Tequila Sunrise also played private Joker in Full Metal Jacket. Anyway, this is a great flick. Raul julia was outstanding.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Administrators

I really enjoyed this flick. It is one of my favorite Tarantino movies. The soundtrack got me listening to Motown music again, back in the nineties. I grew up hearing it around the house, but had lost touch with it as an adult. 

09202325145549-Jackie-Brown-quentin-tarantino.jpeg

27 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

As a group the Saturday matinee westerns and their related cliff hanger serials were memorable to me. Those were the days when I could pick up enough returnable bottles along the highway that the deposit refunds could buy my admission and sometimes popcorn and drink as well. 

Did the same in the late 70s when recycling aluminum cans was the craze. Movies were my escape from a truly bizarre home life. 

• Administrators

Big Trouble is another of the movies whose lukewarm popularity mystifies me. This is a damned good comedy. One of my favorites, in fact. It has an ensemble cast that actually manage to mesh and work together beautifully.

1200x675mf.jpg

2 hours ago, railfancwb said:

I got 2 cents for a bottle and the movie cost 12 cents.  It was easy.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 9:15 PM, Eric said:

I really enjoyed this flick. It is one of my favorite Tarantino movies. The soundtrack got me listening to Motown music again, back in the nineties. I grew up hearing it around the house, but had lost touch with it as an adult. 

09202325145549-Jackie-Brown-quentin-tarantino.jpeg

Jackie Brown

• Like 3

Back in 1994 when Pulp Fiction first came out I was visiting my parents in Sacramento and my brother and his wife were visiting from San Jose. So on a Saturday night my brother's wife wanted to go to see Pulp fiction and my Mom said why don't we all go to the movie together? And I didn't really know that much about what the movie was about but I didn't really think that it was something my parents would like and I told them so and they trusted my judgement.

And after the three of us walked out of that movie, both my brother an his wife said, "WOW! it's a good thing you told Mom and Dad not to come with us to see that movie!" And I said, Yep, it gives a whole new meaning to "Parental Discretion Advised"

• Haha 1