Firefox Users

Eric

4 hours ago, TBO said:

Is this an admission you're the one who broke Firefox? :tbo:

Nope.

Not sure it's "broke", but may not be keeping up and isn't always cutting edge like it used to be. LostWife seems to still have ZERO issues with it for her use, so there is that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, minderasr said:

Not sure where you're getting your info from.  But DDG has no trackers.  If you click a link to a site you searched for, that site will have tracking cookies.  DDG is simply an anonymous, ad-free front end to Bing search engine.  Of course if you never clear your browser history/cache/cookies, then everything is on the table as fair game.

The site you referenced is Duck.com which was previously owned by Google and eventually sold to DDG.  It was explained in the article I linked in my last post.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DuckDuckGo

"In May 2022, a report from Bleeping Computer by security researcher Zach Edwards found that DuckDuckGo's web browser allowed Microsoft's trackers to continue running while visiting non-DuckDuckGo websites, contrary to Google and Facebook trackers, which were blocked. "

10 minutes ago, GT4494 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DuckDuckGo

"In May 2022, a report from Bleeping Computer by security researcher Zach Edwards found that DuckDuckGo's web browser allowed Microsoft's trackers to continue running while visiting non-DuckDuckGo websites, contrary to Google and Facebook trackers, which were blocked. "

I thought we were talking about the search engine, not the browser.  Thanks for the link.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I trust every browser out there equally, which is to say, I trust none of them. I don't believe for a second that any of them don't do as they please with the data they have access to, regardless of their public posture on the issue. You pick your poison and take your chances.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1