Merry Christmas Eve Eve

LostinTexas

One particular Christmas season a long time ago, Santa was getting ready for his annual trip but there were problems everywhere. Four of his elves got sick, and the trainee elves did not produce the toys as fast as the regular ones so Santa was beginning to feel the pressure of being behind schedule. Then Mrs. Claus told Santa that her Mom was coming to visit; this stressed Santa even more. 

When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two had jumped the fence and were out at heaven knows where. More stress. 

Then when he began to load the sleigh one of the boards cracked and the toy bag fell to the ground and scattered the toys. So, frustrated, Santa went into the house for a cup of coffee and a shot of whiskey. When he went to the cupboard, he discovered that the elves had hid the liquor and there was nothing to drink. 

In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the coffeepot and it broke into hundreds of little pieces all over the kitchen floor. He went to get the broom and found that mice had eaten the straw it was made of. Just then the doorbell rang and Santa cussed on his way to the door. He opened the door and there was a little angel with a great big Christmas tree. 

The angel said, very cheerfully, "Merry Christmas Santa. Isn't it just a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Isn't it just a lovely tree? Where would you like me to put it?

Thus began the tradition of the little angel on top of the tree.

Merry Christmas Eve Eve to all of you too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Christmas Eve has turned into a 'silent night' for me. The good old days are gone with the passing of my grandparents... some traditions can't be replaced. Now? I look forward to any and all silent nights. For me it's a time for reflection, missing the good-old days but still looking forward to what life may bring.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, aomagrat said:

Merry Christmas Eve Eve 🎄

Where's my present?

As you all know, I and my wife, frequent Denny's.  The last few trips I have brought Dove Dark Chocolate Candies, and store bought Brownies for the wait staff. I open the container and place it at the end of our table in the booth.

As they pass our booth, I encourage them to help themselves.  It's funny, just how many seem surprised and thank us for our treat.  I expect when you have to be nice to many strangers a day, a little treat for the tongue makes it easier.

Last time, the Manager came over and tore up our bill for dinner while thanking us.  Being nice to people is so much fun and enjoyment.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, janice6 said:

As you all know, I and my wife, frequent Denny's.  The last few trips I have brought Dove Dark Chocolate Candies, and store bought Brownies for the wait staff. I open the container and place it at the end of our table in the booth.

As they pass our booth, I encourage them to help themselves.  It's funny, just how many seem surprised and thank us for our treat.  I expect when you have to be nice to many strangers a day, a little treat for the tongue makes it easier.

Last time, the Manager came over and tore up our bill for dinner while thanking us.  Being nice to people is so much fun and enjoyment.

My wife is a baking fanatic, she has made so many cookies and breads in the past few days, all with the intent of giving them away.  

Every year on Christmas day, I load up a plate into the pickup and seek out the first police officer that got Christmas day duty. He or she is usually shooting radar on the hyway into town. I give them the plate and thank them for doing a thankless job.  If home, I repeat this on New Year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, jmohme said:

One particular Christmas season a long time ago, Santa was getting ready for his annual trip but there were problems everywhere. Four of his elves got sick, and the trainee elves did not produce the toys as fast as the regular ones so Santa was beginning to feel the pressure of being behind schedule. Then Mrs. Claus told Santa that her Mom was coming to visit; this stressed Santa even more. 

When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two had jumped the fence and were out at heaven knows where. More stress. 

Then when he began to load the sleigh one of the boards cracked and the toy bag fell to the ground and scattered the toys. So, frustrated, Santa went into the house for a cup of coffee and a shot of whiskey. When he went to the cupboard, he discovered that the elves had hid the liquor and there was nothing to drink. 

In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the coffeepot and it broke into hundreds of little pieces all over the kitchen floor. He went to get the broom and found that mice had eaten the straw it was made of. Just then the doorbell rang and Santa cussed on his way to the door. He opened the door and there was a little angel with a great big Christmas tree. 

The angel said, very cheerfully, "Merry Christmas Santa. Isn't it just a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Isn't it just a lovely tree? Where would you like me to put it?

Thus began the tradition of the little angel on top of the tree.

Merry Christmas Eve Eve to all of you too!

My extended family is coming Christmas eve (tomorrow) to have pre-Christmas together.  They are bringing all the food.  The Kitchen table has been cleared off for them.  I laid this story right in the middle for the adults to read...........  We'll see who has the humor in the family.

• Like 2