Filled out a survey for the VA

Borg warner

Following a routine visit to the Podiatry clinic becasue I'm diabetic and prone to foot ulcers, I got an interactive email to evaluate the care I received.  It was multiple choice, rating each aspect of the treatment I received  from excellent to good to fair to bad.

But then there were some questions about ethnicity that are usually optional but are now necessary to complete the survey along with some new questions that I'd never seen before, at least not before Biden became president, such as:

Do you consider yourself to be:
man
woman
transgender man
transgender woman
non-binary
other

Heterosexual or straight
Gay
Lesbian
Bisexual
Other
Not sure
:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::i24:
  • Sad 6

2 hours ago, Borg warner said:
Following a routine visit to the Podiatry clinic becasue I'm diabetic and prone to foot ulcers, I got an interactive email to evaluate the care I received.  It was multiple choice, rating each aspect of the treatment I received  from excellent to good to fair to bad.

But then there were some questions about ethnicity that are usually optional but are now necessary to complete the survey along with some new questions that I'd never seen before, at least not before Biden became president, such as:

man
woman
transgender man
transgender woman
non-binary
other

Heterosexual or straight
Gay
Lesbian
Bisexual
Other
Not sure

What a CROCK !!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Borg warner said:

man
woman
transgender man
transgender woman
non-binary
other

Heterosexual or straight
Gay
Lesbian
Bisexual
Other
Not sure

So just refuse to fill it out?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My doctor sent me to the clinic's dermatology clinic for a once over since my arms are so sun damaged, that the skin is like paper thin and I bruise from just putting my hand in my jeans pocket. 

One time in bed, my fingernail on my left hand little finger passed over the right forearm and sliced a 45 degree cut about an inch long on each leg of the angle, then the skin just peeled back on itself.  I have had three types of cancer cut from both arms including Melanoma.  Now you get the picture.

The young doctor at the clinic looked carefully at both my arms, armed with the knowledge of my history, and came to the conclusion that the particular spots, lumps and scaling was due to "Dry Skin".  He told me to "moisturize more".   My doctor had sent me to be examined for pre-cancerous areas, not for a beauty treatment.

"...Also known as a solar keratosis, an actinic keratosis grows slowly and usually first appears in people over 40. You can reduce your risk of this skin condition by minimizing your sun exposure and protecting your skin from ultraviolet (UV) rays.Left untreated, the risk of actinic keratoses turning into a type of skin cancer called squamous cell carcinoma is about 5% to 10%....", https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/actinic-keratosis/symptoms-causes/syc-20354969

I was disgusted with them.  I got home and had an email asking me to evaluate my visit to their Dermatology Clinic.  I wrote a scathing reply including my cancerous history and said I was totally dissatisfied with their "Doctor in the clinic".

Oddly enough, to me anyway,  They cancelled the charges I would have incurred through my insurance.  I hope they also had a word for the so called Doctor blowing smoke up my ass!

Sometimes strange things happen in a good way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

I had a doctor at the VA ask me what my pronouns were, a few months ago. I burst out laughing. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. The ridiculous nature of the question, coupled with the unexpectedness of it was just too much. I believe my laughter probably answered her question though. It was a frosty visit after that. If you want to be a doctor for vets, toughen the **** up and don't ask stupid questions.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Eric said:

I had a doctor at the VA ask me what my pronouns were, a few months ago. I burst out laughing. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. The ridiculous nature of the question, coupled with the unexpectedness of it was just too much. I believe my laughter probably answered her question though. It was a frosty visit after that. If you want to be a doctor for vets, toughen the **** up and don't ask stupid questions.

HEAR! HEAR!

• Like 2

At this point I will stand up and walk right out of any doctor appt where I am asked what gender I am.  And if they ask me for pronouns, I believe I will stand up, inform them that when referring to the person they are speaking to, the linguistically correct pronoun is “you,” not any made up bullshit leftist babble, and that they can refer to me as “that bitch” when I’m not present, for all I care, and also, “This appointment is over as I will be seeing a doctor who is not demonstrably detached from reality and therefore mentally ill.  I do wish you well.  Good day.”  

I am just sick enough of this **** that I’m looking forward to the opportunity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

At this point I will stand up and walk right out of any doctor appt where I am asked what gender I am.  And if they ask me for pronouns, I believe I will stand up, inform them that when referring to the person they are speaking to, the linguistically correct pronoun is “you,” not any made up bullshit leftist babble, and that they can refer to me as “that bitch” when I’m not present, for all I care, and also, “This appointment is over as I will be seeing a doctor who is not demonstrably detached from reality and therefore mentally ill.  I do wish you well.  Good day.”  

I am just sick enough of this **** that I’m looking forward to the opportunity.

Wouldn't 'That bitch' either be assuming your gender, or calling you a punk? I guess that isn't as bad as being called a 'Punk-ass bitch', but it's still fightin' words. Then of course you could use the 'physician, heal thy self' line, as he picks up his teeth, which would be cool. How many times will you get an opening to use that line, right? BTW,  Is 'thy' gender inclusive?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

MeToo. :(

The funny (odd) thing is that at an early age I found I didn't tan but just continuously burned.  So I started taking precautions by not exposing much skin to the sun.

Now, as I said and you also, My arms are like paper for skin easily damaged by the slightest bump, while my daughters say my body and legs have skin they would like to have.  Kind'a weird.

• Like 2