what's wrong?

Borg warner

When I try to open my link to TBS, it opens up a page that says "Topics" in large bold letters on teh upper Left sied of a blank page, and then below that It says, "There are no topics in this forum yet" and then below that there's a tan colored banner with black bold letters that says, "Please donate to TBS." on the left, and below that is a Black banner with  white letters that says, "Donate" in the center.

???

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Borg warner said:

When I try to open my link to TBS, it opens up a page that says "Topics" in large bold letters on teh upper Left sied of a blank page, and then below that It says, "There are no topics in this forum yet" and then below that there's a tan colored banner with black bold letters that says, "Please donate to TBS." on the left, and below that is a Black banner with  white letters that says, "Donate" in the center.

???

Do you know how to take a screenshot? If not, can you take a picture of the screen and send the picture to webmaster@theboresite.com . The site seems to be functioning properly and no one else has complained about any problems. I need to be able to see what you are seeing to sort it what is happening. Thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric said:

Do you know how to take a screenshot? If not, can you take a picture of the screen and send the picture to webmaster@theboresite.com . The site seems to be functioning properly and no one else has complained about any problems. I need to be able to see what you are seeing to sort it what is happening. Thanks.

Can you tell me, step by step, how to take a screenshot?  If I can't figure it out, I'll have to get my camera and take a picture and then download it and send it to you, but I'd like to know how to take a screenshot.

My flip phone takes pictures but I've never figured out how to download them to my computer.  I'm from another century when everything was analog. :|

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

Can you tell me, step by step, how to take a screenshot?  If I can't figure it out, I'll have to get my camera and take a picture and then download it and send it to you, but I'd like to know how to take a screenshot.

My flip phone takes pictures but I've never figured out how to download them to my computer.  I'm from another century when everything was analog. :|

https://www.businessinsider.com/guides/tech/how-to-screenshot-on-windows

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

I have windows 7 but I found a link on how to do it there. Thanks and stay tuned.

https://kinsta.com/blog/how-to-screenshot-on-windows/

That link  found didn't help. it said This:

"The print screen key says “Print Screen,” “PrtSc,” or “PrtScn,” depending on your keyboard and country. It’s typically in the top right corner beside the final F12 key.

Note: On some newer keyboards, especially on laptops, you need to hold down the “Fn” or “Function”  key while pressing “PrtSc” to capture the screen.

When you use this method, the OS copies the entire screen automatically to the clipboard. From there, you can directly paste it into an email, social media platform, or messaging app. You can even start editing it in an image editing software like Photoshop or even MS Paint."

So I opened up the page I wanted to copy and then I was going to hold down the Fn or "Function" key and then at the same time press the print screen key but I looked and I looked and absolutely can not find any Fn or Function key anywhere on my keyboard, and even if I did, it says the OS will copy the image to my "clipboard" whatever the fk that is. :angryfire:

• Sad 1

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

"The print screen key says “Print Screen,” “PrtSc,” or “PrtScn,” depending on your keyboard and country. It’s typically in the top right corner beside the final F12 key.

Note: On some newer keyboards, especially on laptops, you need to hold down the “Fn” or “Function”  key while pressing “PrtSc” to capture the screen.

When you use this method, the OS copies the entire screen automatically to the clipboard. From there, you can directly paste it into an email, social media platform, or messaging app. You can even start editing it in an image editing software like Photoshop or even MS Paint."

So I opened up the page I wanted to copy and then I was going to hold down the Fn or "Function" key and then at the same time press the print screen key but I looked and I looked and absolutely can not find any Fn or Function key anywhere on my keyboard, and even if I did, it says the OS will copy the image to my "clipboard" whatever the fk that is. :angryfire:

It's not a big deal. Just take a picture from your phone and email it to webmaster@theboresite.com .

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Eric said:

It's not a big deal. Just take a picture from your phone and email it to webmaster@theboresite.com .

It will take a while, but that's what I'll do. My only problem is that I don't take pictures with my phone. It's a flip phone and it can take pictures but I've never figured out how to download them to my computer so I keep a camera in my car but the battery is dead so I have to charge it.

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Borg warner said:

Hello. I think the problem is on your end. There is nothing on the server that could cause a fault like that to only one user. There is probably a cache issue with your browser.

Maybe this will help though. There are two ways to view the content on this site. One is the fluid view, which is the default and the method you are currently using. In this method, instead of seeing individual forums, you see all the site content in one big topics list. If you look over at the top of the right column, there is a box titled, "Choose Forums Here'. If you scroll down inside that box, you will see a list of all the site's forums. If none of them are checked, then you will see content from all the site's forum in the Topics list. If one or more are checked, you will only see content from the checked forums.

So, you either leave all the forums on that listed unchecked, or you check every one of them you want to see, leaving the ones you don't want to see content from unchecked. I don't like the way that system functions, but I haven't had time to modify it. Before we go any further, please check that list and see if anything is checked. If so, uncheck it. See if this has any affect on your problem.

TBSPic2.png

If that fixes things, great. If not, let's try this. Look at the picture below:

TBSPic1.png

Those two buttons that the arrow points out control the way you view the site. The one that is black is the one currently being used, which is the Fluid View. Try clicking on the one on the left. This changes the viewing method to the way the site used to function. The main forum index page contains links and stats to each of the forums. You can click into each of the forums to view its content. Does this method of viewing the site allow you to see content?

FWIW, those two buttons to change the forum viewing method can be found on the 'Topics' page, in the Fluid View, and only on the forum index page, in the traditional view.

OK, if you were able to wade through all of that, give it a try and please let me know how it worked out.

• Like 1

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

I tried clicking the white button on the left and that returned it back to the way it looked yesterday and the way I'm used to seeing it. --maybw I hit that black button by mistake. Anyway now aI know how to fix it if it happens again.

THANKS!!!!!

No problem. Glad to help.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Borg warner said:

I have windows 7 but I found a link on how to do it there. Thanks and stay tuned.

https://kinsta.com/blog/how-to-screenshot-on-windows/

Running Windows 7 is a huge security risk as it's no longer supported (no more updates).  Might be a good idea to upgrade your computer.  Note the following article is from 3 years ago.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-7-end-of-life-security-risks-and-what-you-should-do-next/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, minderasr said:

Running Windows 7 is a huge security risk as it's no longer supported (no more updates).  Might be a good idea to upgrade your computer.  Note the following article is from 3 years ago.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-7-end-of-life-security-risks-and-what-you-should-do-next/

Thanks. But my computer guy says that for what I do on the computer, Email, and only browse youtube and 3 or 4 reputable forums, and never open a questionable link, and have a good pop-up blocker, windows 7 will work fine for me.

I do graphics and I got a notice from a newer version of windows Paint that said unless I switch to a newer version of windows they wouldn't be able to install any new updates, which is fine with me because I haven't been able to navigate that new version and the only thing I use it for is transferring web files to jpeg.

I refuse to give bill Gates any more money for planned obsolescence until I absolutely have to.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Borg

I got so pissed at windows crap that after my last Blue screen I said FY billy schmuck, I bought a Chromebook...now on my second one as the keyboard finally gave up on the first

Analog WTF is that?

FBG like this PUTZ doesn't have enough money   eat **** and die

• Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 4:56 PM, Borg warner said:

"SHIFT" +Print screen.